Fifth Grade Updates
January 7, 2015
As we begin the spring semester, I want to emphasize the importance of the emails we will be sending you each week. We are drawing near the end of your child's elementary school experience and through these email I will be passing along important dates and information from Rice Middle School. So, please read them thoroughly each week!
Think Through Math
- Science Fair: Projects are due on January 13. No late entries will be accepted. As a reminder, all rules must be followed as outlined in the Science Fair handbook. Your child can bring their project to school with them on January 13th. Parents can come and view the Science Fair on January 14th from 2:30-3:30 and January 15th from 8-2. Projects will be sent home with your child on January 15th.
- College Week: College week will be the week of Monday, January 11th-Friday, January 15th. Your child brought home a paper doll to work on over winter break. Please help your child to decorate their pennant about a college of their choice. Also, please have them cut out their pennant and put their name on the back before turning it in. You can also find the daily themes for College Week located in the attachment sent in the email.
Study Buddies - We need parent volunteers!
Jan. 11-15 - College Week
Jan. 13 - Science Fair Projects due
Jan. 14 - Science Test - Space (resources: notebook, ScienceSaurus, DiscoveryEducation)Jan. 19 - Rice Field Trip, 6th grade Parent Info Night at Rice Middle School cafeteria 6-7pm
Jan. 20 - School Spelling Bee (for students who qualified in December)
Jan. 21 - Topic 10 Math Test
Jan. 28 - Multicultural Night
Jan. 29 - Waxless Museum
- Rice Field Trip Permission Slip - please print, fill out, and return to school
- Rice Middle School Parent Info Night Flyer
- Think Through Math Instructions
- College Week Flyer
- Waxless Museum Information
- Transfer Information