Weekly Family Newsletter
March 10, 2023
As of publication, we have raised $3,210. The classes who are over halfway to their class goal are Preschool, Kindergarten, and 3rd grade. Great job and keep spreading the word!
The website to donate is https://app.99pledges.com/fund/2023RAT.
Monterrey Restaurant Fundraiser - 3/14/23
The Niagara Candy fundraiser has begun! All orders are placed online and will be delivered to the purchaser's house. Our fundraising goal for this event is $1,000.
Please share the link to our fundraiser. Our school receives 50% of the sales, 80% of donations made. The sale ends on March 17th.
Help be a seller by following the directions in the attached PDF. Join Code is 9PQT-6R4Y
Here is the link to order: https://app.moneydolly.com/fundraiser/11607/participant/175388/order
In the top right corner is the QR code for ordering.
Who do you contact?
· Sharon Liberatore – Receptionist
o When your child is absent or late. Also notify your child’s homeroom teacher.
o When you change the dismissal plan. Also notify your child’s homeroom teacher. Please do this no later than 1:30 pm.
o If you have general questions about the school.
o If you need to get ahold of your child. Please do not text or call your child’s cell phone or smart watch. This has been a problem and confusing.
· Lillian Huffman – Nurse
o When your child has had a major medical situation – broke bone, concussion, hospitalization, surgery, etc.
o To answer questions about required physicals and immunizations.
· Karen Struzik – Administrative Assistant and Business Manager
o When you have a question about tuition, payments, or financial aid.
o When you have a question about FACTS.
o When you change in your contact information or other family information.
o When Mrs. Liberatore is unavailable after 12:30 pm.
· Homeroom Teacher or Class Teacher
o When you have a question about an assignment or activity.
o When you have a question about a class concern. (The teacher needs to hear from you first before contacting the principal. Please give teachers 24 hours to respond; 48 hours if contacted on the weekend.)
o When you want to volunteer in their classroom or on a field trip.
o When you want to know about your child’s progress.
· Suzanne Pohorence – Principal
o When you have questions about applying and enrolling in the school.
o When you have questions regarding policies and procedures.
o When you have a concern about a teacher that has been addressed with the teacher first. (Please give time for teachers to respond before sending to principal.)
o If you wish to participate in coordinating fundraising or marketing efforts.
Bottles and Cans for Student Trip
Opportunities For Giving
Dress in Green for St. Patrick's Day and Fr. Mull's Birthday!
Friday, March 17th
Our Busy Classrooms
Read-a-thon Activity Examples
Don't Forget to Apply for Financial Aid and Scholarships
- Many of our families benefit from the Building a Brighter Future Scholarship. If you received it last year, you must reapply. Everyone is encouraged to apply. To learn more please visit https://www.dorschools.org/scholarship.
- Currently, families can apply for the Reverend John A. Reddington Scholarship Fund. There is no limit on the number of times a student may apply for a scholarship. Scholarships are not automatically renewed each year. Students must reapply annually.
The Reddington Scholarship Fund is a needs-based fund, but the student must be performing to his/her potential. This past spring the committee overseeing this scholarship had (94) students apply for the scholarship and were able to assist (94) applicants. Scholarships awarded are in the average range of $100.00 to $500.00 per year. The committee will only consider those applications that indicate a family's maximum yearly income of $60K or LESS and require proof of school registration of student attending.
To apply for this scholarship, please visit https://www.geneseevalleytrust.com/Community/2023_Reddington_Scholarship/.
3. Financial aid through FACTS. When you re-enroll, you will be prompted to set up your tuition agreement. When you do this, you will be prompted to apply for financial aid. There is a $40 non-refunded fee for your application. https://online.factsmgt.com/grant-aid/inst/3MHPS/landing-page
Please apply by April 1st.
4. Family Ambassador Program - Current families may refer a new family to apply to our school. Referring families and new enrolling families receive up to a $500 tuition credit. To learn how this works, please visit https://www.dorschools.org/ambassador to learn more and to print off the form.