Holmquist News and Notes
December 14 - December 18
- Ortiz, Polk, Castillo, Quezada, Reyna, Gonzalez, Hudson and Glover stayed late to help with the late buses on Friday. Thanks for assisting us with the students on those buses.
- Thank you to Ms. DeSauto for going to one of our apartment complexes to find a missing student
- Thank you to Dr. Reyna, Mr. Tobon, and Ms. Polk for assisting us with finding a missing 1st grader.
- Ms. Rodriquez for helping 3rd grade decorate for the shower.
- Ms. Cortinas and the 3rd grade team for doing a great job of planning Ms. Faye's shower
- Ms. Cavazos and Ms. Sanchez for working with our E-Colors Champions. Mr. Senior was very impressed with our students!
- Ms. Guerra for organizing our Holiday Party!
- Ms. Upshaw for organizing the district admin Holiday Party!
- Coach Foster did an excellent job presenting a self-defense in-service- Ms. Arenstein
- Coach Sallee for an awesome restroom video- our students are really using the strategies that were taught on the video!
- Ms. Rios for rescheduling her appointment to attend the field trip with her students.
- Ms. Johnson for always being excited about new learning that she experiences at professional development trainings
- Mr. Ponder for organizing the 4th grade Opera field trip. Our students and teachers enjoyed it tremendously
- The ILT for checking progress reports, DCA testing, PLC, curriculum planning and the million other things they do on a daily basis.
- Ms. Rios for her positive attitude and always acknowledging her team, co-workers and me! You are definitely spreading good cheer at Holmquist
- Ms. Cheng for staying late to hang student art on our building walls! It really makes our school beautiful
- The counselors for encouraging positive behavior with the NO Place for hate week.
- Thanks to ILT for helping with the spelling be
- Congratulations to our HAABE Representatives ESL - Ms. Polk and Bilingual - Dr. Reyna
- Carla, Saima, and Delia D. for doing an awesome job of testing dual language students with the IPT and meeting the deadline. Way to go ladies! from Ms. Cavazos
- Team Leaders have done an outstanding job of leading their team and disseminating information to team members!
- Great job to our 1st - 4th grade teachers and students for performing above the district on almost all of the DCA tests given. Thank you to PK and K teachers for laying the foundation. I would also like to think special ed., content and intervention for working with our students!
Sunday, December 13th
Happy Birthday Ms. C. Harris
Monday, December 14th
Staff Meeting Cancelled (Yay)
Twitter Training with Brian
4th CP M/Sci
Picture Day 1st and 2nd
Gift of Time - 2nd
4th grade Spelling Bee - 9:30
Holiday Shirt with Jeans
PK Meeting at 11:10
Tuesday, December 15th
Happy Birthday Ms. Karouni
Gift of Time - 1st
Santa Picture Make Up Day
2nd CP LA/SS
4th Dual Language at Miller
Holiday hats, reindeer ears, etc with Jeans
Wednesday, December 16th
Report Cards Due by 7:45 a.m.
3rd CP M/Sci
No tights, shorts, short bottoms
No spaghetti straps,
Nothing revealing, low cut or excessively fittee
Thursday, December 17th
Classroom Parties at 1:30
See Modified Block Schedule
Free Dress Day or Holiday Shirt
Gift of Time 3rd
Friday, December 18th
Clean and organize classrooms and desks
Ser modified schedule
Early Dismissal 2 p.m.
Ugly Sweater Day, Holiday shirts and/ or hats
PLC - 8:10 - Gift of Time
Monday - 2nd
Tuesday - 1st
Wednesday - None see schedule
Thursday - 3rd
STAFF MEETING IN MARCH
Our March Staff meeting will be on Tuesday, March 8th. Mr. Chambers Superintendent will be at this meeting. Please arrive by 3:35 p.m. We will also have STAAR training on this date.
All students are expected to participate in the holiday party and all classrooms are expected to have one
Lockdown and Drills
We will refine our emergency plans for January. We will have a practice intruder drill next month. Please talk to your students about voice level, responding apppropriately during these drills, and listening very carefully to the teacher. You have to stress how important it is to always behave as if the drill is real.
Humming. Bird of the Week
Ms. Serralde was born in Mexico. She is a Christian and tries to walk a Christian life. She likes working at Holmquist because of the population of students, their families and teaching siblings over the years. She also enjoys working with the staff here. She is motivated by God and her family.
Humming. Bird Class of the Week
Congratulations to Ms. Rodriquez's 1st grade class. We are proud of you and your students. Way to Go!
Lewis Senior CEO of E-Colors visited Holmquist E-Colors Champions. He was blown away by our E-Colors Champions and they enjoyed his visit! A special thank you to Ms. Cavazos for working with this group and to Ms. Sanchez for her support with this initiative.