MIS Monday Message
April 11 - 15
I've included a few pics that I caught around the building this week. I love how I see so many of you utilizing the outdoors in your lessons. I spent some time teaching in art this week and Rachel has had the kids outside in the garden learning how to sketch a bunny. They have loved it! If you haven't been out to the garden lately, please take some time to check it out. The 4H club after school has been working the local Master Gardeners and they are making progress. If you'd like to utilize the garden in any of your lessons, please let me know. We have people who can come and help you. I also spent a lot of time this week outside at recess and caught Mrs. Jones playing basketball outside with a few students while she was on recess duty. :) I love how you guys enjoy your kids.
We have RtI meetings this week and will be preparing for our last round of Academy. Please be sure that your data is ready to go before your meeting so the team can discuss student progress. Tina and Amelia will be covering classes. Please make sure students are working individually in their seats while they are covering.
The RtI schedule is:
Tuesday - 5th grade (in old art room)
7:50 - 8:20 James, Johnson
8:30 - 9:00 Duncan, Nelms
9:10 - 9:40 Fincher, Tucker
Wednesday - 4th grade (EAST)
7:50 - 8:20 Boykin, Pace
8:30 - 9:00 Weast, Busby
9:10 - 9:40 Rosegrant, Wood
9:50 - 10:20 Cassels, Bush
Thursday - 3rd grade (EAST)
7:50 - 8:20 Engelkes, Jones
8:30 - 9:00 Reynolds, Goodding
9:10 - 9:40 Fair, Harrison
9:50 - 10:20 Denson, Paul
In preparation for testing, we will still be working on the Wifi this week. Please be patient with us as we try to get everything working like it's supposed to. If we know it's going to be down for an extended period of time, we will let you know.
Let's have a great week at MIS!
THIS WEEK AT MIS
* This week is RtI and Partner Teacher meetings.
- RtI - 5th grade
- School Board meeting, 5:30 pm
- RtI - 4th grade
- Leadership meeting, 1:45 pm
- RtI - 3rd grade
- Power Standards - 3rd Literacy, 1 - 3pm
- Power Standards - 4th Literacy, 1 - 3 pm
UPCOMING IMPORTANT DATES:
- April 18-21 - Third grade ACT Aspire Testing
- April 19 - Power Standards - 5th Literacy, 1 - 3pm
- April 20 - Grades cut off for progress reports
- April 22 - Grades uploaded by noon for progress reports
- April 25-26 - Fourth grade ACT Aspire Testing
- April 26 - Progress reports
- April 27-28 - Fifth grade ACT Aspire Testing
- April 28 - After school program ends
- April 29 - Deadline for Peer observations
- May 2- 20 - Summative conferences for all certified staff