Paw Power Press
Butler Elementary School - Volume 5 - October 30, 2020
BE - 1!
Health and Safety Information
DISTRICT HEALTH & SAFETY PLAN
Tuesday, November 3rd - Election Day - All School Virtual Learning
Cleaning and sanitizing procedures will take place before and after election day.
Dismissal Procedures: Car Line, Walkers
- Car Line begins promptly at 2:45 PM. In each wave, the first car must pull up to the Stop Sign by the Gymnasium.
- Please have a Paper Placard on your passenger-side dash with Students First/Last Name & Grade Level.
- For safety and efficiency, we ask that all riders enter vehicles from the sidewalk (passenger-side).
- Parents - please remain in your vehicles at all times - if you need to help your child strap-in, pull ahead to a parking spot so carline continues to flow.
- Do not pull-out of line as we wait for students to enter vehicles. We are making changes to try and help the flow of traffic move quicker. If a car is waiting, an attendant will send you ahead.
- Eventually, our goal will be to call walkers between 3:00-3:10 PM - once traffic has dissipated. This is for student walker safety. Walkers will leave from both the main doors (front of building) and bus doors (back of building).
- Walkers remain in their classrooms until they are called - they are not with the "Car Line" students.
- Parents, please do not pull into carline unless your child is waiting in our carline dismissal from the gymnasium. This dramatically slows our carline process as we are only calling students who are for carline.
- If you want to pick-up your walker, please park in an open space and hold -or- time your arrival a little later in the dismissal window.
- Otherwise, you can always call the office before 2:15PM to change your dismissal plans for the day.
Following our procedures will help to make dismissal an efficient and safe process for all. Thank You!
Attendance Update: Online (Hybrid/Virtual)
Online and Hybrid students need to be present and actively participating in their learning. Having the camera on and being visible to the teacher allows the teacher to note their attendance as present. Students who turn off their camera for extended periods of time and are not engaging in the lesson, or leave the class early, will be marked absent. Please send in a note If your child has an appointment and needs to miss class.
CB Family Travel Approval Request Form - Updated
Our Family Travel form has been updated, Family Travel Approval Request. It is important that if you travel out of state that you check the PA Government website, found here, to see if your destination is on the recommended quarantine list. Please read the document carefully as family friendly vacation destinations may require your child to stay home from school for 14 days upon your return. Thank you for your cooperation.
Support Staff Job Opportunities
Classroom Activities - Happy Halloween from Butler!
Happy Halloween! - Butler Slide Show
Butler Gives Back!
Each year our school community looks forward to honoring our local veterans, as well as the veteran friends & family members of our students. This year we are unable to honor our veterans the way we have in the past; however, we would still like to make sure they feel appreciated and honored.
We are inviting our Butler students to write letters and cards to our veterans and military personnel.
There will be a mailbox on the front steps of Butler on Monday, November 2nd and Tuesday, November 3rd, to collect the letters and cards. If your children would like to donate their Halloween candy to our veterans, there will also be a box there to collect candy donations.
Please click here for the flyer. Thank you in advance for your family's support of our veterans and military personnel.
Counselor's Corner -November 2020
What is gratitude?
November is officially National Gratitude Month! What really is Gratitude? What does it mean? Gratitude is appreciation of what one has, independent of monetary worth. Gratitude is a warm feeling that often happens spontaneously. However, we can purposefully cultivate gratitude with some exercises mentioned below. Research has shown experiencing gratitude has many positive benefits. So, give it a try! Take some time this month to find little things you are thankful for, a little effort could go a long way!
Benefits of Gratitude:
· Increased happiness and positive mood
· More satisfaction with life
· Improved physical health
· Less fatigue / improved sleep
· Improved relationships with others
· Can help prevent burnout
· Increased self esteem
How to Cultivate Gratitude:
· Gratitude Journal – write down things you are thankful for in a journal or app daily or weekly
· Three Good Things – write down or reflect on three things that went well today or even this week
· Mental Subtraction – imaging what life would be like if a certain positive event hadn’t occurred
· Gratitude Letters or Visits – deliver or write a letter thanking someone
Books about Gratitude:
· Thankful by Eileen Spinelli
· Thank You Body, Thank You Heart by Jennifer Cohen Harper
· Thanks A Million by Nikki Grimes
· Bear Says Thanks by Karma Wilson and Jane Chapman
· Don’t Say a Word Mama by Joe Hayes
· Those Shoes by Maribeth Boelts
· The Thankful Book by Todd Parr
Apps to help you cultivate gratitude:
· 365 Gratitude
· Day one Journal
· Live Happy
Physical Education class is up and running in all three modes. Although it looks different this year, the students are still getting exercise and learning about concepts in health, fitness, movement, and social skills, like communication, teamwork and leadership.
4th grade students are getting warmed-up with “The Eye of the Tiger” on Just Dance.
3rd grade students doing a virtual dice warm-up activity.
Kindergarten students are practicing their jumping jacks.
The Butler Art Pallette
- Mrs. Zachmann
Calendar and Upcoming Events
Nov. 1 - Daylight Savings - "Fall Back"
Nov. 3 - General Election (Synchronous Learning Day from home for Students)
Nov. 6 - Butler Enrollment Form Deadline - Mode Change Requests
Nov. 9 - Picture Day - Hybrid 1 (AM); Traditional Students (PM)
Nov. 12 - Picture Day - Hybrid 2 (AM); Traditional Students (PM)
Nov. 23 - PTO General Meeting - 7:00PM (ZOOM LINK)
Nov. 25 - Professional Development Day - No School for Students
Nov. 26 - Thanksgiving Holiday - No School
Nov. 27 - Thanksgiving Holiday - No School
Picture day for students attending the traditional or hybrid modes will be on November 9 and November 12.
- Hybrid 1 will go in the morning
- Traditional students will go in the afternoon (depending on teacher's schedule)
- *Traditional Kindergarten will go after Hybrid 1 on Nov. 9
- Hybrid 2 will go in the morning
- Traditional students will go in afternoon (depending on teacher's schedule)
Virtual Academy students or students who are unable to attend Butler’s scheduled picture day can call C and C Photo Studios at 215-345-1851 or email email@example.com to schedule their appointment. Once your appointment has been made, C and C will email you the paperwork (Picture Order Form and Covid-19 Consent Form) needed to be filled out brought in at the time of your appointment.
Spreading warmth in Our Community
The YMCA of Bucks County is proud to be a distributor of free winter coats for kids. Thanks to the generosity of Auto Dealers CARing for Kids Foundation, new winter coats are available through their “Driving Away the Cold” program at the following locations, days and times:
QUAKERTOWN BRANCH* | SAT & SUN, NOV 7 & 8, 12:30-3:30PM
401 Fairview Avenue, Quakertown
Contact: Carlie Bearn, firstname.lastname@example.org OR 215.536.8841 x112
FEAST - Providing Homecooked Meals for the Holidays
FEAST will be providing home cooked meals for Thanksgiving, Christmas and Easter
The distribution dates are:
- Wednesday 11/25 2pm-7pm (Thanksgiving)
- Monday 12/23 2pm-7pm (Christmas)
- Saturday 4/3 1pm-6pm (Easter)
You will receive an Email and Text Confirmation if accurate email and mobile number are received. PLEASE BRING WITH YOU! If you are NOT registered, Pick up is 5pm-7pm (until meals last). PLEASE REGISTER TO INSURE YOU RECEIVE MEALS
Pick up will be at: St Robert Bellarmine Church, 856 Euclid Ave, Warrington, PA 18976
In addition to Meals. FEAST again will have winter coats as supplies last.
Please Register and Donate ONLINE
REQUEST Meals www.FeastCharitable.org/meals
PO Box 478 Warrington, PA 18976
CB Cares Boomerang Award Nomination - November
Students/Parents/Teachers, please nominate a Butler student by clicking here! In your paragraph, include how your nominee exemplifies this month’s asset. Nominations are due to Mrs. O'Connell, Student Support Counselor, by Friday, November 20th.
Welcome Back to Butler - Butler Reopens!
Welcome to Kindergarten - FIrst Official School Visit!
All Teachers Return for In-School Instruction
HVAC Construction Update - Mission Accomplished!
From the Butler PTO
To read the most recent online Newsletter from the Butler PTO, please click here. The PTO Newsletter is a great way to stay on top of all that is happening at Butler.