Muscle Shoals City Schools
December 31, 2020
Alternating Day "Hybrid" Schedule Plan will be in effect Thursday, January 7th to Friday, January 15th 2021
For Muscle Shoals High School & Muscle Shoals Middle School
This schedule is subject to continue if deemed necessary by the superintendent in consultation with school nurses, local health officials, and the Board of Education. Please read the details below.
The purpose of this decision is a precautionary transition back to in-person learning following the long holiday break. This will allow for smaller groups and better social distancing.
What does this mean for students at McBride, Highland Park, Webster, and Howell Graves?
In-Person vs. Remote Learning Schedule for MSHS and MSMS
Explanation of the Chart Above
- Students with a last name that begins with letters "A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J, K, or L" will attend school in-person on January 7th, January 11th, and January 12th.
- Students with a last name that begins with letters "M, N, O, P, Q, R, S, T, U, V, W, X, Y, or Z" will attend school in-person on January 8th, January 14th, and January 15th.
- All students at MSHS and MSMS will learn remotely (at home) on Wednesday, January 13th.
- On days that students do not attend in-person, they are expected to log-on and participate in classes remotely (virtually).
Important for Students to Engage on Remote Learning Days
- For children in a home with different last names, all children in the home should attend school on the same date as the oldest sibling. For example, if your high school child's last name is Smith and his middle school-aged sister's last name is Jones, then both children may attend in-person on the same day as Smith.
Students Who Are Already 100% Virtual (Remote)
Monitor for COVID19 symptoms
Please monitor for the following symptoms, and notify your doctor and school nurse if you exhibit any of them:
Major symptoms: Sudden loss of taste/smell, shortness of breath, a new cough
Minor Symptoms: Fever, body aches, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, sore throat
Practice masking, social distancing, and good personal hygiene
We encourage you to continue practicing masking and social distancing. Additionally, please practice good hand washing and respiratory etiquette for coughs and sneezes. Should a family member develop the symptoms listed, please isolate this person from other members of the family.