Amanda's JHU Monthly Advisor Blast
Rigorous. Innovative. Responsive.
End of Semester Congratulations!
Take care-- Amanda
Congratulations to you all who will be finishing up this semester with your degree! I wish you nothing but the best! Please feel free to reach out should you need anything!
For those of you wondering...
- Diplomas will be mailed after the ceremony (if you do not attend).
- Degrees will be conferred on your transcript as of May 23rd.
- Summer 2016 Portfolio Students: Your work should be underway!
- Fall 2016 Portfolio Students: intent to register forms were due by COB TODAY to the program team. Please see the directions in their email in order to indicate your intent to register. This information was sent by the SOE-TNTP Team on May 9th.
- ALL Portfolio Students: The program team has been working hard to make sure that you are as informed as you can be regarding portfolio. I would STRONGLY encourage you to check out the information on the program site regarding portfolio. It includes advice and reflection from alumni who went through the portfolio process, as well as an overview and sample portfolios. Here's how to access:
1. Log-in to Blackboard
2. Click the “Community” tab at the top
3. Under “My Organizations” click “JHU MSEd Program Site”
4. Click “Digital Portfolio” in the menu on the left side of the screen.
Portfolio for students starting in Fall 2016:
- It's never too early to start preparing for your portfolio. You'll get a lot more information about this in the coming weeks from the program team, but here are some tips:
- Save student work related to any JHU assignments.
- Save student work that demonstrates the level of mastery/learning happening in your classroom.
- Review the portfolio resources on the program website.
- As grades come rolling in, I will be updating your program plans, doing roster checks, and in touch regarding your options in terms of classes/graduation. Please be mindful of the policies around unsatisfactory academic standing, found here.
- Registration is open for summer electives. As a reminder, electives (+portfolio) are the only courses that can be taken over the summer. I'd suggest taking an elective over the summer in order to free up your fall/spring, if necessary! Please reach out if you'd like to discuss elective options.
- Registration for Summer Electives CLOSE on May 31st!