MAS/FPS News Update
Below is the most current information coming from the Michigan Association of State and Federal Program Specialists. I will be sending these to update you on what is happening, as well as to keep you informed. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me!
Title I Coordinator
Carman-Ainsworth Community Schools
MAS/FPS Region 5 Representative
- Up until Friday, November 13, the allocations in MEGS+ were incorrect. They have been updated and are now accurate. The correct allocations have always been on the OFS website.
- Carryover of federal funds is allowed once every three years. If a district would like special consideration for an additional waiver within the three years, a request needs to be made to USED. With this special waiver, it is published and sent to the public for comment prior to approval/disapproval of the waiver. Most districts have not requested an additional waiver within the three years because they don’t want the information made public.
- The state legislature has asked for guidance on Section 31a from MDE. They are continuing to work together to clarify the legislation. For the most up to date information, visit www.michigan.gov/ofs or attend the MAS/FPS Winter Institute for a general session on Section 31a.
- The Program Evaluation Tool has been updated. As a result, the PET from 2015 cannot be copied within ASSIST. For the most up to date information and to access the template in Word, visit www.michigan.gov/ofs or attend the MAS/FPS Winter Institute for a general session on the Program Evaluation Tool.
- Registration for the MAS/FPS Winter Institute is now open! Please plan on attending February 4-5, 2016 at the Crowne Plaza in Lansing.