Personal Hygiene and the Workplace!
Cleanliness is next to Godliness
The following are personal hygiene procedures all employees should follow to keep food safe.
- Wash hands frequently and properly (using soap and washing under water that is at least 100 degrees Fahrenheit.)
- Cover all cuts with a bandage and a waterproof covering (ex: glove.)
- Wear clean clothes or uniform and an apron, also take the apron off when leaving the kitchen or food preparation area.
- Hair should be neatly worn and tied up or put in a hairnet or hat.
- Keep fingernails cleaned and trimmed.
DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE!!!!
- sneeze, cough, or blow over unprotected food.
- wear jewelry while prepping food (bracelets, watches, etc...)
- prepare food if you are feeling sick (throwing up, fever, diarrhea, etc...) or have any type of infection
- wear colognes, perfumes while prepping food.