Holy Name of Mary, Monday, February 10, 2020
What a week we had last week! We only got in two regular days due to the wild combination of job action and back-to-back snow days. And this week won't be much different with skating on Monday, speeches on Wednesday, our ski trip on Thursday and Winter Carnival on Friday. You probably won't feel like you are getting much curriculum done this week, but these are the weeks the kids love and remember!
This week's Shout-Outs:
- A very big shout-out to Andie for labelling all of the SEA equipment which recently came in. Thank you so much. You always step in with a smile!
- A very big shout-out to all of our wonderful EA ladies, ECE staff, Pascale, Caroline, Megan and Lauren for coming out last Tuesday to support us on our Job Action Walk. You support is very much appreciated.
- A very big shout-out to Shane for continuously helping to make sure our Breakfast tables are set up and taken down each morning. Our Breakfast Program is very busy and growing, so your help is greatly appreciated.
I would like to thank Sandy for getting donuts and sharing with me. It was greatly appreciated.
- Liz B.
Thank you to Sara R for flipping duties on the snow day!
I wanted to send a big, huge shout-out to our amazing admin staff, EAs and ECEs who came out to support us while we were out picketing. Thank you for the delicious treats, baking, hot drinks, and awesome tunes that kept us dancing and in good spirits!! Love you guys! ❤️ xo
- Thank you to Brigitte for doing such an amazing job on last week's assembly! Your Power Point was amazing and the Social Justice Action kids showed incredible leadership. It was awesome to see them be recognized for their efforts by the Lions Club!
- A big shout out to the whole staff for staying positive during these difficult times. We know that you are feeling stressed and anxious, and we appreciate everything that you are doing to support one another and to show solidarity. We will get through this together!
- Thank you so much to Andi and Tanya for painting their beautiful flower mural on the door to the Sensory Room on Tuesday! (If you haven't gone to check it out in the gym yet, make sure that you do!)
- Thank you to Shane for always being so quick to help out - whether it's helping Andi and Tanya with a mural, letting a student help you out during recess so that he doesn't struggle with his peers, or cleaning up puke in the hall! We are so lucky to have you here.
- Thank you to Brigitte and Mary for planning and organizing our Winter Carnival Day and for being so flexible when things get cancelled and rescheduled! We are all looking forward to playing outside on Friday afternoon!
Great Stuff, Great Staff.
Intramural Hockey Champs!
Andrew's class made these awesome light-up projects that encourage kids to test their knowledge about electricity. Connect the wire to the correct answer and a little light bulb lights up!
Shannon brought little Samuel down to the office to show me his amazing ABAB AABBAABB patterned heart! He even ended the pattern with his name. What an awesome Valentine.
Lucie's kids spent Snow Day #2 last week building all kinds of structures out of recycled materials. They built ferries, cottages, airports and boats! (Who says we don't do curriculum on snow days??)
Smiles, support and solidarity!
The Week Ahead
Monday, February 10, 2020
- Steve's birthday!
- Report Cards are due today!
- Grade 1-8 Skating
- Jane away (pm only, Kelly MacDonald)
- Laura away (Kelly Pawlikowski)
- Peter away (Wendy Healey)
- Cathy away
Tuesday, February 11, 2020
- Laura Shilson in
- Milk Marketing presentations
- Steve away (Christine Provost)
Wednesday, February 12, 2020
- Jane away (pm only, Christine Provost)
- Public Speaking entries due
- Public speaking in the gym at 1:00pm
Thursday, February 13, 2020
- Pakenham Ski Day (Gr. 3-8)
- Notre Dame Open House at 6:30pm
Friday, February 14, 2020
- Happy Valentine's Day!
- KG Skating 9:30-11:00
- Lauren away
- Laura away (Tammy McDonald)
- Winter Carnival at 1:00pm - lunch hour will be changed.