TPCA Nifty News Summer Edition
K-6 School Supplies: Order Kits NOW-no Shopping Later
Why would you NOT buy a Classkit?
- you LOVE to fight for that last package of markers at Target
- you have three hours on a beautiful Saturday in July to watch your child labor over which folder to buy
- you like spending too much money for supplies
- you enjoy the thrill of the hunt for...pencils at Wal-mart, paper at Target, calculator at Office Depot, lunch box at Costco.....where did the day go?
If you decide you want to see the full list, look in Resources on Renweb or go to the TPCA website under Academics to find lists for grades K - 6 (the 7th-12th grades lists are coming soon).
We Need Preschool Assistant Teachers
Forward, HO in School Development Plans
After months of study (demographic, feasibility, parent survey and financial modeling)...at their June meeting, the Traders Point Christian Academy Board of Directors approved plans to move forward with the school growth project!
In order to continue our development toward being an exemplary school, we know that we need the best people, the right tools and the most conducive environment for quality education. Watch for more details over the coming months and continue to pray that God's plans are clear for Traders Point.
1 Broken Appliance = a Video Game
We've got such AMAZING Summer Camps coming up - I just have to point out a couple of them.
Camp Invention (July 6-10), a nationally-acclaimed program for grades 1 - 6, is an exciting, weeklong summer adventure with lessons that explore connections between science, technology, engineering and innovation. Racing Carts, video game and mega-tower construction and entrepreneurship are all part of this great camp led by our own Ms. Marowelli. Register for Camp Invention here.
During the weeks of July 13-17 & 20-24 campers can be among the first to test-drive Traders Point's new 3D Printers in the 3D Design & Printing camp. Students entering grades three through twelve will learn how to use 3D Printing to turn their ideas into innovation! Register Early and Save! On-Line Registration: www.1stMakerSpace.com
Many other camps are coming up - theater, dance, football, basketball and volleyball. Check them out at our website and sign-up today!
Golf Outing July 13 - FORE
If this all wasn't cool and groovy enough, you can sign your business up to be one of our very special sponsors and get great goodies like registrations and promotion. You win and we win! To sponsor, CLICK HERE. For more information contact Kraig Cox.
The BIGGEST Event of the Year - PTF Annual Auction
What is the PTF Annual Auction? It is our school’s largest fundraiser of the year...a night filled with food, fun and fellowship! We have a silent auction (think baskets, gift cards, classroom projects) and a live auction (think vacation packages, sports memorabilia, extraordinary experiences) as well as dinner, of course!
So, how can you, as a TPCA family, be involved? Here are some ways you can help NOW:
● Mark your calendar and plan to attend our annual event.
● Do you or someone you know have a timeshare, condo, or vacation home that you could donate a week (or weekend) of to be auctioned off?
● Does your company have items that they would donate to be auctioned? Service time, landscaping, accounting services, etc.
● Do your friends work for companies that might be willing to donate? Ask them or pass along our email to
them, firstname.lastname@example.org. We would be happy to contact them!
● Are you creative and could give us some ideas for auction pieces , either for the live or silent auction?
● Do you have suggestions of people or businesses with whom the auction team could follow up? Send them to email@example.com .
The auction team is also looking for a great team of volunteers to help us prepare for this evening. Many hands make light work and we need many, many hands to make this auction a great experience for everyone. Here are just a few areas where we will need volunteers (think service hours for the 2015-2016 school year!):
● Summer Volunteers - We need to get our donation request letter out to local businesses and possibly pick up donations
- Help make phone calls to past donors
● Fall Volunteers - Continue to solicit donations by contacting business or people by phone or in person, pick up donations at various establishments and/or homes and then deliver to school
- Help with donation intake
- Lots of other ways to help as we get back to school
● Apprentice Adventures Coordinator – This person will contact previous donors and new people to donate for a “Day with …” (local tv celebrities, doctor/vet/dentist, fire fighter, etc., this list could be endless!)
If you have any questions or would like to signup to volunteer, please contact the Auction Team at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to seeing you on November 13!
Iva Caldwell, auction chair
Courtney Worl, auction co-chair
Class of 2015 Graduation Ceremonies Recap
May 31st graduation ceremonies for our Class of 2015 were filled with emotion and inspiriation. Grads, family and friends enjoyed a "sweet" pre-ceremony reception of goodies catered by our Chef Matt Krueger.
Dr. Lars Rascoe, President of Boys II Men and a member of the Traders Point Christian Academy Board of Directors, delivered the keynote address. In his remarks, Dr. Rascoe challenged graduates to persevere, understanding that they are capable of far greater accomplishments than they can imagine.
Student Council President and grad, Peter Sanders, was the class valedictorian. In his address, Peter, who attended Traders from preschool through twelfth grade, encouraged his classmates to continue growing in mind and heart and challenged school faculty and staff to keep pouring into students’ lives as they did for him.
Hannah Harris, who attended Traders Point from kindergarten through high school, was the class salutatorian and recipient of the prestigious TPCA Board of Directors Scholarship. The scholarship award is based on academic achievement, school and community involvement, leadership and spiritual development. Students must also write an essay noting how they plan to use their gifts to impact the world for Christ. Harris’ essay described the impact Traders Point has had on her life.
“I have attended Traders Point Christian Academy for thirteen years,” she said. “Countless hours have been spent investing into several elementary and preschool classes, as well as the choir department, drama department, spring musicals, student council, dance committee, volleyball team, and mentoring younger students. The decision to attend TPCA High school four years ago was, without a doubt, the best decision I have made.”
Traders Point graduation ceremony tradition includes reading aloud many personal comments shared by faculty and staff about each graduate as their name is announced. As they cross the stage, graduates greet and thank each of their teachers. Graduates will be attending a number of colleges this fall, such as Butler University, Taylor University, Grace College, Grand Canyon University, Murray State and University of Southern Indiana. Traders Point continues their 100% high school graduation and 100% college admission rates.
Summer Tutor List - Corrected
Summer 2015 Tutoring
Subjects: Reading and Math
Grade Level: Preschool-4th Grade
Days: Tuesdays and Thursdays.
Contact: 317-753-2573, email@example.com
Subject: All Subjects
Grade Level: Students entering grades 4 and 5
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or 317-241-0337
Grade Level: Students entering grades K-4
Location: Zionsville Library/ Monday-Friday
Contact information: 765-639-6486; email@example.com
Subject: Math and Reading
Grade Level: Students entering grade 3 and up.
Times and Days: Flexible
Grade Level: All
Location: Pike Library Tues, Wed OR Thurs at TPCA
Flexible hours to be determined with parent
Contact: Cell 317-531-2351, Call or text
Lisa Thomas Mais
Subject/ Grade Level:
· Reading and Writing Intervention: Grades K-8
· Math Intervention : Grades K-4
30 and 60 minute blocks available
M, T, W mornings
Cost: $30 for 1 session/week or $50 for 2 sessions/week
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org/ 317-378-0555
Grade Level: All
$40-50/hr Group Rates available.Contact: email@example.com
Rapid Reminders (things we really want you to remember)
- 6th - 12th Student Orientation - Monday, August 10 @ noon
- New Family Orientation - to be announced
- K - 5 Back to School Night - Monday, August 10 @ 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm
- K - 12 1st day of school 2015-2016 - Tuesday, August 11
- Early Childhood Parent Meeting - Tuesday, August 11 @ 6:30 pm
- Early Childhood student/parent partial classes - Wed/Thurs August 12 & 13