Mattos Family Update
September 11, 2023
Grades 1-5 iReady Fall Diagnostic
Dear Mattos Families,
At the beginning of each school year, teachers in grades 1-5 administer the iReady Fall Diagnostic in math and reading to gather a baseline for each student. Staff can then use the results to inform their instruction. Results are not used in class grade calculations. I would encourage families to watch this video which explains the purpose of the diagnostic and how to read the results.
At the conclusion of each diagnostic assessment window, parents/guardians will have access to their student's diagnostic results through a "For Families" report located within the student's i-Ready dashboard. To download these reports, families will need the 2023-24 FUSD "For Families" report access code: L86Z6M. Please click here to download a comprehensive instruction sheet on how to download and interpret your student's "For Families" i-Ready diagnostic report. This year, Mattos staff may also send home a paper copy of the report. We hope this snapshot will provide everyone with data to help guide where students can use support or enrichment.
Reminders and Announcements:
- Illnesses: All students must be fever and vomit-free for 24 hours prior to returning to school without the use of medication.
- Tuesday, September 12: Dairy Council Cow Visits Mattos
- Thursday, September 14: 4th and 5th Grade Bullying and Harassment Presentation
- Tuesday, September 19 @ 3:00 p.m.: Mattos Safety Committee Meeting
- Tuesday, September 26: SSC/ELAC Meeting
- Friday, September 29: S.O.A.R. Assembly
- Volunteering in 2023-2024? All adults who volunteer on campus or on a field trip at any time during the school year must complete the CiviCore application. If you are returning as a volunteer, please resubmit your information in CiviCore. If you are new, please visit FUSD's website here.
Thank you to Mrs. Means and Mrs. Pickett for day 1 of "Extended Kindergarten"! It was a long day for our littles, but they did it!
Soaring in education,
PTA Reflections- Call for Entries
Do you enjoy expressing yourself creatively? Would you like to participate in a national art contest? We’re accepting submissions now!
This year’s theme: I’m Hopeful Because…
Submissions due: October 1st
For more info: email@example.com
Mattos Office IMPORTANT Info
-Please pick your child up by 2:55 on regular days/1:40 on minimum days.
-If you have moved, please let the office know.
-If your child forgets something at home, please leave it outside the office on the cart. Label the item with your child's name and room #. If the item(s) are dropped off prior to 9:45 a.m., we will have the item(s) delivered to your child's classroom. After that time your child will need to get the item(s) from the cart during recess or lunch.
-If your child is absent, contact Miss Ginger at firstname.lastname@example.org OR 510-793-1359.