Wolf Pack Weekly
November 13th, 2020
Classic Learning Returns Monday!
Students in the Virtual model will continue distance learning from home.
Doing Our Part
Students: Stay home if you are feeling ill, wear your mask, and be mindful of social distancing, especially at lunch, during passing periods, and when leaving campus. At lunch, we need all students to do their part to put masks on when not eating and to spread out on campus.
Parents: Please screen your student each day for symptoms of COVID-19 prior to the school day. Report any illness, symptoms, or potential exposure to COVID-19 to the school right away.
Below are the expectations for all Classic students.
Student agreements for returning to on-campus learning, beginning October 20, 2020
Additional Health and Safety Measures to be Implemented
As we prepare to return to in-person learning, the same safety systems and risk mitigation measures will remain in place. This includes mandatory masks, frequent hand washing/sanitizing, assigned lunch areas, flows of traffic, and many classes will be held outdoors. In addition, the following measures will be in place starting Monday:
- Wiping Desks b/w Uses: Each Classic classroom will have an additional bottle of a soap/water solution and paper towels or students to wipe down desks between uses.
- Box Fans to Increase Air Circulation: Box fans have been deployed to Classic classrooms; these fans are intended to be used in conjunction with the HEPA filters to help increase air circulation indoors.
- Desk Barriers for Students: The District has committed to purchasing a tri-fold desk barrier for each student. These barriers will be issued to each individual student to carry from class to class. A few extra barriers will be provided to each Classic teacher for the time(s) when a student forgets or loses his/her desk barrier. These will be coming soon.
- Phase-in Temperature Screens for Students: Classified staff members will be conducting random temperature screens for students at major entrances as they enter campus.
- PSA Campaign to Encourage Social Distancing: We have been working with several student groups to create a campaign for social distancing during unstructured times (lunch, before/after school, etc.). PSA's will be broadcast throughout the coming weeks to remind students about being conscientious about spreading out from their peers.
Model Change Requests for the Spring Term
Our District has indicated that families will have an opportunity to request a model change for the Spring term, which begins in January. Please be on the lookout for an email coming from an SVC Forms email address to come out next week.
Even if you wish to stay in the same learning model for the Spring term, it is important that a form is completed.
Midterm Grades are Finalized
Alternative Income Verfications
MVHS Safety Plan, Student Expectations, and Mitigation Measures for Classic Students
Campus Opens for Students at 7:30am.: Students are encouraged to begin arriving to campus no earlier than 7:30am.
Campus Closes for Students at 3:15pm: The final class period of the day ends at 2:30, and optional office hours are available until 3:00pm. Campus will close for students at 3:15pm. Students are expected to be off-campus by that time.
Loitering in the parking lot before or after school will not be permitted. Masks must be worn at all times while on campus.
Supporting the Social-emotional Needs of our Students
Complete this form to refer any student to our Counseling Department for additional social-emotional support.
Please visit this link for the social-emotional resources for students and families, including "Basic Need" (i.e., food resources) provided through Vista Teen Outreach
Please visit this link for the social-emotional resources available district-wide for students and families.
Need a Chromebook or Textbooks?
Important Information from ASB
MVHS will participate in Red Ribbon Week to speak out against drug and alcohol abuse. There will be spirit days every day next week.
On Monday, we are inviting students to show their spirit by decorating their cars with window markers, stickers, etc. to show our enthusiasm for coming back to campus! See flyer below.
Remember to follow us on Instagram @MVHS.ASB or visit our website for more information. ASB SITE
Students: Do you Want to Design a Class T-shirt?
Red Ribbon Week Spirit Days
Click here to schedule a virtual meeting with a counselor.
Check out the Counseling YouTube channel for important information about wellness, college and career, and academic planning.
Interested in joining PTSA? Click this button for details and information
The mission of the Timberwolves Foundation is to enhance, enrich, and encourage all aspects of education at MVHS and provide grants to promote the development of programs, classroom innovations, and support all school clubs.
This website is designed to provide up-to-date resources and videos, a platform to communicate with our support team and get connected to others, to learn new skills and tips for your family, and have fun with us as we all continue to grow and learn
Our "Why" - Vision, Mission, and Values
Our Purpose is to empower students to be self-directed, creative, and critical thinkers who persevere to positively impact the interconnected world.
We Value mutual respect, collaboration, integrity, originality, and intellectual curiosity that prepare our students to become integral members of society.
THANK YOU TO OUR WONDERFUL TIMBERWOLVES FOUNDATION FOR
SPONSORING THE WOLF PACK WEEKLY!