.....with Kelly Moore & Susan Drumm
Hour of Code is Coming! December 8 - 14!!
- discover tutorials and activities for all ages
- browse activities and use devices as well as 'unplugged' activites (no device required)
- explore apps for devices that teach coding
- encourage students to create their own apps and games
After the initial Hour of Code Event in December 2013, "...more than 20 million people around the world tried “Hour of Code,” 17 million of them in the United States. "
As of now, 47,463,909 total have tried an Hour of Code!
Check out all of the participating Indiana schools!!
- Check out the tutorials and activites from the code.org website.
- Decide which one(s) you'd like to use.
- Decide WHEN you will incorporate activities! (Doesn't have to be that week - can be broken into smaller sessions over more days)
- Test the tutorials on the same devices students will use to make sure they work (including video and sound.)
- Sign up for a lab or a cart of devices if you need to.
- Communicate with students and families about this exciting opportunity via newsletters, announcements, Remind notices, Twitter, etc.
- Contact Julie Alano (email@example.com) no later than December 1, if you are interested in having a high school student support you in your classroom during your event! There are programming students that would love to assist you!