This is a two-day session that will train K-12 teachers, pupil service staff, and administrators to mentor initial educators, and is required by PI 34.
Topics will include:
- Overview of Wisconsin Teaching Standards
- Needs of Initial Educators
- Roles of Mentors and Administrators
- Resources available to maintain a program
- Communications and Coaching Skills
- Requirements of PI 34
- Components of a PDP
- Long-term Planning
Learning outcomes include:
- Understand the Professional Development Plan (PDP) process of PI 34
- Understand the needs of Initial Educators and ways to meet them
- Understand effective communications between educators
Wednesday, Jan. 27th, 9am-3pm
725 West Park Avenue
Chippewa Falls, WI
This is a two-day training; the first date is 1/27/2016 from 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m., and the second date is 2/16/2016 from 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Participants must attend both training days.