What You Need To Know!
Reminders and other Important Information
Please review each item carefully:
- Students should arrive at school between 8:50 and 9:00 and report directly to our classroom.
- Check your child’s blue Take-Home folder daily for handouts, important information, homework, and classwork.
- We are a latex and nut free classroom. Please do not bring in any items that may be harmful to other students in our class. Thank you for your support with this.
- Please send in a small, healthy snack with your child each day (separate from lunch). Please do not send in a drink.
- Dismissal transportation changes must be in writing (please send in a note with your child or email in advance). If last minute changes are needed, please notify the office. (I am not always able to check email throughout the day, so contacting the office is the best way to ensure accuracy.)
- If your child is absent, please send in a note or email an explanation for his/her absence.
- Please review the information about our birthday celebration tradition by visiting the Birthday Celebration page on our class website. In lieu of treats, we honor each child's birthday with a special birthday book read-aloud!
- We are not permitted to send home individual birthday invitations for your child's birthday party (unless you are inviting the whole class).
- Your child should read for at least 10 minutes every night (try for a minimum of 10 pages or more!) to foster good reading habits. Please log and initial the books your child reads every night in the blue Take-Home folder.
- Homework assignments will be written by your child in his/her blue Take-Home folder each day. Math homework will be assigned 4 nights a week (Mon-Thurs); Spelling homework will be assigned weekly (due on Mondays). Please check the homework log every night!