By. Kaylie Cox and Makayla Moreno
- Attachments are crucial to the healthy emotional development of an infant.
- Attachment is the a baby's bond between his or her caregiver.
- It begins to develop in the first few months life
- Physical contact helps attachment
- A baby's attachment to a caregiver helps her build healthy, loving relationships later in life.
- Communication between infants and caregivers is important in building attachment.
- Lack of love and attention can cause failure to thrive. Failure to thrive is a condition in which babies do not grow and develop properly.