PLEASANT VALLEY MIDDLE SCHOOL * * * September 20, 2020
Off and running!
We are off to a good beginning to our remote learning school start. We are seeing excellent engagement in the lessons. Of course we have experienced technical issues from time to time but it seems to get consistently better each day. Some helpful hints include:
1) A quiet space set up for learning
2) Please be present for the live Zooms
3) If you have questions then reach out to the teacher right away
4) Go to https://sites.google.com/battlegroundps.org/pvm-online/home for important updates
5) For student tech support please call 1-360-885-5465
6) Take breaks between classes and during non direct teaching class times
Please reach out to us if you need assistance. Thank you,
Experiencing Zoom issues?
1. Go to Zoom.us
2. Click Sign In - Do not enter your email and password but scroll down and click Sign in with Google. This step is very important. If you use any other method it will not work.
3. If it asks which email to use, select the student who is logging in. If it takes you into Zoom, you are fully logged in.
4. Go to the Zoom link provided by your teacher. This is in Google Classroom. If you do not have the link, please email your teacher to get it.
You will need to do this login each day before going to class.
Directions with screenshots can be found here:
- Attendance Recording Changes
- 2020/2021 Update
- Parent Academy
- Going Online Parent Resources website
- PVM Online
- Counselor's Corner
- PTA Payback Book Drive-Thru Dates
- Free/Low Cost Immunization Clinics
- Lunch Program
- Free/Reduced Lunch Applications
- Family & Community Resource Center
- School Accident & Sickness Insurance
- PVM School Supply Lists
- Online Payments
- 20-21 District Calendars
- 20-21 District and PVM Student/Family Handbooks
Attendance Recording Changes
Please Log In to Skyward and Complete the 20-21 Update!
This allows you to update contact information, add or delete emergency contacts, and complete required district forms. It is very important that we have correct and up-to-date contact information for students. Only contacts listed on a student account will be allowed to sign a student out from school, even if they are family.
If you are not sure how to log in to your Skyward account you may read the Skyward Account Access information found HERE.
The classes will focus on helping parents and guardians understand the curricula, technologies and instructional practices that our teachers use for instruction so that parents can help at home. Parents, check your email for more information, or visit the district's Remote Learning page at www.battlegroundps.org/remote-learning/ and click on the drop-down labeled Parent Academy.
Going Online Parent Resources website
September 18, 2020
Going Online Parent Resources
We have a new parent & guardian resource we would like to share with all of you. It is our Going Online Parent Resources website. This website is a resource hub that houses helpful information, video tutorials, links, and resource documents for the different platforms we are using in distance learning. We have pages dedicated to Google Classroom, Zoom, and Seesaw as well as our Parent Academy sessions. This website is posted to the district website, shared during our Parent Academy sessions, and will be shared out with families in the next district communication, but we wanted to share with all of you as a resource to share as well. You can access it at the link below:
Click HERE for the Going Online Parent Resources Website.
Helpful Information for Google, Zoom, Go Guardian etc.
- Given all the changes that our students have been facing since last spring the following is a webinar about parents' important role in youth suicide prevention that can be a positive resource. This 30-minute webinar for middle school and high school parents will educate on the risk factors and warning signs of depression and suicide and how to ACT (Acknowledge, Care, Tell) if you are concerned about a young person in your life. The webinar will also discuss the SOS program and the basics of school-based suicide prevention. At the end, participants will have the opportunity to ask questions during a Q&A session. Here is the link to sign up: Mindwise Webinar Registration
- Please ask your child if they have joined my google classroom. Links were sent out by teachers and I will be working on emailing them out again. This classroom provides links where they are able to check in as well as weekly information. I have found a new way to meet with students that allows them to schedule a fifteen minutes zoom meeting during their asynchronous time. Please fill out the following permission form for your student to do so. Check in Permission.
Thank you so much,
PTA Payback Book
The Pleasant Valley PTA Payback book fundraiser has begun and it is easier than ever to order, as it is online! The book is bigger and better than last year!! This year, the Payback Books are our biggest fundraiser for our PTA and you can save at your favorite stores while helping our school at the same time. Order yours today!
The process is simple:
1) Go to www.paybackbook.com and click on "Purchase a 20/21 Payback Book".
2) You can select "Referred by a School or Group? Click here!", choose Pleasant Valley Schools and our PTA will get $10 for every book sold.
3) Shipping is $4.99 flat shipping, no matter how many books you order!
4) Make sure to name a Pleasant Valley student, if you want them to get credit towards prizes.
ANNOUNCING a Payback Drive Through Event!!
The drive-through dates are scheduled during lunch pick up at Pleasant Valley from 11:00 am - 12:30 pm, on the following dates:
• Thursday, September 24
• Monday, September 28
• Thursday, October 1
• Monday, October 5
At this Drive-Thru event, you can purchase your Payback Books directly from the PTA, and pick them up at the same time, all without shipping costs. Thank you for your continued support!!
This year the student prizes are better than ever!! For every 5 Payback books a student sells, they will earn a $5 Amazon gift card - WITH NO LIMIT! That means if a student sells 30 Payback books, they get a $30 Amazon gift card. Please can click on "Student Name" and enter the name of the student they wish to give credit for the sale to.
Thank you for your support,
Pleasant Valley PTA
Free and Low Cost Immunization Clinics
Download the flyer below to view larger version; English, Russian and Spanish versions.
National School Lunch Program
Download lunch flyer to view larger version.
Free and Reduced Lunch
We recommend submitting your application prior to the start of school to ensure continuation of coverage. If a new application is not submitted, you will be responsible for meal charges. When you are approved for benefits, Battle Ground Public Schools will send you a confirmation letter. If you have not received an approval letter for the current school year, you must complete an application to receive meal benefits.
If you have questions, please call the Free and Reduced Hotline at (360) 885-5390.
Student Accident & Sickness Insurance Information
Family and Community Resource Center
Battle Ground Public Schools’ Family and Community Resource Center (FCRC) helps meet the needs of families faced with housing instability and similar economic challenges.
While a main goal of the FCRC is to assist families experiencing housing instability, it can also help connect families with many other types of resources and is intended to respond to the changing needs of the community.
The FCRC is a continuation of the district’s joint efforts with the Battle Ground Education Foundation, an all-volunteer, nonprofit community organization whose purpose is to leverage community resources to help maintain quality education for all students in Battle Ground schools.
The Family Resource Guide is full of contacts to aid families in connecting with agencies who are able to help with a great variety of needs. Please click the link below to view this helpful guide.
(click below to be redirected to the FCRC page)
School Supply Lists
Online Payment for Purchases, Fees and Fines
We are excited to announce that the Battle Ground School District is opening online payments for parents as a convenience when paying for items such as yearbooks, field trips, dances, tests, student fees, donations etc. You can access this site at https://wa-battleground.intouchreceipting.com/ We have also included a "Pay Fees and Fines icon" under the quick links section on our website that will take you directly to the payment website.
Please note there is a convenience fee that will be assessed if you choose to use this as a payment option. You will still be able to mail payments (marked with student first and last name and what the payment is for) to Pleasant Valley Middle School, P.O.Box 200, Battle Ground, WA 98604. When we are back to learning in the school buildings you may still come into the office, or send money with your student to pay for items, like we have always done. All permission slips for any activity or field trip will still need to be filled out and turned in to teachers. If the field trip you are paying for is offering chaperone spots, you will need to come in and pay for that at the school office. You cannot pay for chaperone fees online, only students.
The login username and password are as follows:
Username is your student's "Other ID" number. This information is located in Skyward under the Student Info tab on the left pane. It is also the number on the student's ASB card.
Password is your student's last name as it appears in Skyward. Make sure the first letter is capitalized.
PLEASANT VALLEY MIDDLE SCHOOL MISSION
We believe ALL students can experience academic and personal growth.
PLEASANT VALLEY MIDDLE SCHOOL
Student helpdesk: 360-885-5465
Student helpdesk email: firstname.lastname@example.org
District office switchboard: 360-885-5300
Battle Ground Student and Family Handbook
PVM Student and Family Handbook
* * *
* * *