ST. CROIX CENTRAL HIGH SCHOOL
October 1, 2018
STUDENTS FIRST - PROFESSIONALISM - FAMILY
Top 10 by 2020
- Academic Achievement
- Student Climate
- Adult Culture
Together we can achieve anything.
Using the HS Building Calendar
Teachers and advisors should be adding events to the HS Building Calendar. Field trips, conferences, special events, club trips and activities...etc. This will enable Vicki to get the necessary information in the "Events" section of the website. Not everything placed in the calendar will go onto the website.
Thanks for your help.
October 5th Professional Development
John Hueg has graciously agreed to help us with our work with Strengths. Below are the steps every staff member should prepare for Friday, October 5th, 2018. Bring your materials with you to the Strengthsfinder session after lunch.
Homework for staff...
- print your "Strengths Insight and Action-Planning Guide" (all of SECTION 1)
***you were emailed this resource after you took the online assessment***
***What am I looking for?*** ***Link to Cover Page***
- read each description for your 5 strengths.
- highlight the words, phrases, or lines that stand out to you.
- bring the highlighted guide with you to the October 5th PD.
- be prepared to talk about your 5 strengths.
It's going to be a valuable time individually and collectively. If you have any questions please let Kurt know.
Professional Growth (Frontline) Reminders
We set a goal of having all SLO's and PPG's submitted by the end of the day on Friday, October 5th.
The remaining portions of the "EP Professional Goal Setting" work should be done by October 15th.
EP Professional Goal Setting (October 15)
1. SLO process (college and career sub-skill)
Rate every essential (in blue print) standard as an area of Strength / Growth.
Reflections are optional
3. Professional Practice Goal (student climate or adult culture)
Write SLO as SMART goal
If you have any questions let me know.
Shoutouts & Celebrations
thank you for your outstanding effort, kindness, excellence, and selflessness.
- Duane Jourdeans: He is the mastermind behind the staff skit video. He created the script (maybe Heather as well), filmed, and edited the whole thing. Put in countless hours writing, filming, and editing the new staff skit.
- Courtney Hawkins and Panther Catering: Providing 100 cupcakes to sell in the school store as a fundraiser for FBLA.
- Jess Wolf: Countless hours for homecoming and the patience of an angel. Her tireless efforts during homecoming week! Jess spends an incredible amount of time to run Homecoming week. She does a phenomenal job and I was very impressed by how well everything went this week, as it was very organized and the students had a blast! Great job with homecoming!! EVERYTHING for homecoming. Leading/Organizing a fantastic Homecoming Week!
- Vicki Dresang-Talapa: Always caring and sweet to the students. Helping our students with their needs - She needs another wellness room!
- New staff: Their AWESOME video at skit night! That rocked!
- Randy Pfeifer and Amanda Arnold: All their time and effort to make skit night a huge success!
- Bill Emery: Supports his athletes in all of their endeavors!
- Jess Wolf and Chris Buckel: An unforgettable homecoming week.
- Jerry Wold and Amanda Arnold: Help with taking the senior group photo
- Cami Stansbury: Cami has done an amazing job making sure her mentee is well supported (and alive/sane) as he navigates through his first weeks at SCC.
- Gretchen Rozeboom & Logan Kimberly: Helped me get to work when my car wouldn't start!
- The whole staff :) : Volleyball refs, line judges, skit night actors, and lip sync, skit night judges, video editors, booth runners, people who dressed up, powderpuff refs, other judges, family feud participants, good sports, etc. And all others who helped and were a part of making homecoming SICK!
- Wendy Hoverson: Keeping up with the multitude of moving parts of her day (PO's, athletic rosters, game workers and officials, staff requests...)
- Jerry Wold: set up grill and LP so we could do our tailgate lunch.
- Lori Cress: Staying late to complete the count and various other not-do-fun duties.
- Tom Sauve: DJ for the homecoming dance. Reports were VERY positive.
- Emily Timmers, Cami Stansbury, Dani Wollberg, and even Heather Jourdeans: Sharing awesome content/curriculum/rubrics/supplies with the new guy in the wing.
- Tammy Simonson and Crew: Adjusting to the Homecoming '18 schedule and cooking out on Friday.
- Jason Koele: Hours of dedicated service to the staff, students, and parents at SCC.
- Dani Wollberg, Cami Stansbury, Ty Ketz: They chaperoned the Homecoming '18 Dance #rewardinheaven.
- Sean Conway: The marching band performance at halftime was excellent. Proud to be a Panther.
- Nic Been: For keeping us up-to-date on PD agendas and helping us navigate our ACT prep planning.
- Amy Hueg: For taking photos of students and staff throughout HC week.
- Emily Timmers and Tom Sauve: They organized a staff pizza order on Friday. Yummy.
- Vicki Dresang-Talapa: For managing the "events" section of the high school website.
You all ROCK!
Something to consider...
Schedule for the Week
Morning Greeters This Week
Monday, October 1
All Day: Be Amazing
WIN PLC TIME: Social Studies, Health/PE
Tuesday, October 2
7:30 am - 8:00 am - BLT Meeting
WIN PLC TIME: Math
Wednesday, October 3
7:30 am - 8:00 am - PLC Time
WIN PLC TIME: ELA
Thursday, October 4
Another Great Day to be a Panther
WIN PLC TIME: Music, Science, SPED
Friday, October 5
Professional Development Day
7:30 am - 3:30 pm:
From the Main Office
LIFETOUCH PICTURE RETAKE DAY: October 16
JOSTEN’S VISIT: Tuesday, October 30th - Graduation Caps, Gowns, and Class Ring Informational Meeting
Seniors: 1:05-1:20 (start of 7th hour WIN)
Sophomores: 1:20-1:35 (end of 7th hour WIN)
JOSTEN’S ORDER DATE: Friday, November 2nd
Josten’s will take orders during lunch 11:30-1:00 in the Commons
From the Health Services Office
Oct. 5th, 10:15 - 11:15 Denver Garfield will be doing epi-pen and seizure first aid training. This training is for support staff only, due to the limited amount of time.
Oct.16th, 10:45-11:45 There will be a FLU Shot clinic will be held in the high school conference room.
(flu shots are available for staff, spouses, and children of staff)