Montana Catholic Schools Weekly
December 14, 2015
The Best of MCSW
Most Popular Links:
- August 19th: Key & Peele treat teachers like sports stars
- August 24th: "Native American Woman Finds Hope at La Salle"
- August 31st: "The Late, Great Stephen Colbert"
- September 8th: "How to Build, and Keep, the Best Teaching Staff"
- September 14th: "Why Joe Maddon Should be a School Principal"
- September 21: "8 Strategies Robert Marzano & John Hattie Agree On"
- September 28: "5 Things Real Leaders Do Every Day, According to Henry Ford"
- October 5th: "Building Positive School Climates"
- October 12th: "How to Hold People Accountable Without Using Authority"
- October 19th: "The Myth of Busy--and 6 Ways to Break Free of It"
- October 26th: "Ten Reasons Why Catholic Education Still Matters"
- November 2nd: "5 Aspects of Emotional Intelligence Required for Effective Leadership"
- November 9th: "Want to Raise Resilient Kids? A Navy SEAL Says Always Do This"
- November 16th: "A Principal Takes Charge of School Morale"
- November 23rd: "Busted Halo's Advent Surprise Calendar"
- December 7th: USCCB's Jubilee Year of Mercy Resource Page
Dr. Tim Uhl, Superintendent
The Week Ahead
Mon: visit to St. Paul's Mission Grade School (Hays) & St. Jude Advisory Council (Havre)
Tues: OLL meetings (Great Falls)
Wed: Diocese of Great Falls-Billings Chancery meeting (Great Falls)
Thurs: University of Great Falls meeting (Great Falls)
Fri: office (Helena)
This Week: 1,192 miles
Last Week: 150 miles
2015-16: 12,121 driving miles/ 5,184 air miles
- I am looking for a few volunteers to vet faith formation programs.
- Upcoming events: Jan 11th spring WCEA self-studies due; Jan 17th high school meeting in Billings; Jan 26th virtual principal meetings (9 am and 1 pm).
- Last Friday, we held a webinar to review the religion standards. I was able to record it but have been unable to link it to the newsletter (yet). The key to implementing the religion standards is to first get them in the hands of the teachers. During our January 26th virtual principal meetings, we'll host the architect of the religion standards for a Q & A.