Titan Staff News
Week of May 2
This coming week is a very important celebration - Teacher Appreciation Week! There are no words to express the gratitude and pride I have when I see you working with our students. Each one of you truly has a gift that you use daily here at Tidwell. Thank you for taking the time to reach our students. You are changing the world! I'd love to celebrate with a years worth of jeans and goodies in the lounge, but we'll have to settle for a week of fun! Be sure to enjoy your jeans and casual wear along with the breakfast and snack goodies provided by PTA and let's not forget our annual teacher luncheon on Friday. Fajitas for everyone!
I am honored to work along side you!
This Week at Tidwell:
TEACHER APPRECIATION WEEK!
Monday, May 2
Math/Sci PLCs - 8:00am
Tuesday, May 3
Algebra I STAAR EOC
Wednesday, May 4
ELA/SS PLCs - 8:00am
PTA PROVIDING BREAKFAST!!
Thursday, May 5
Barker @ DLT
Tidwell Intersquad Soccer Scrimmage 4:30pm
Friday, May 6
Teacher Appreciation LUNCHEON!!
Happy Nurse's Day!!
Leadership Team Mtg 8:00am
Advanced Theater Show 7:00pm
- Get excited for a great Teacher Appreciation Week! PTA will be providing snacks all week and breakfast burritos on Wednesday morning. We'll have our annual luncheon on Friday. Enjoy your jeans all week!
- Friday is National Nurse's Day! Be sure to stop by and let Nurse Angela know how much we love her!
- Save the Date! Technology will be scanning every single student device the week of May 14th. This is a part of their inventory control. More details to come!
- Technology will also be scanning all teacher devices that week as well.
- Keep in mind your final SBBB will remain up until the following school year. Let's make sure it showcases all our students can do!
Sweatin' in the PLCs
This week you'll meet in your content specific PLCs.
Task: Walk the SBBBs in the building and determine which one(s) are exemplar examples of what an SBBB should be. Discuss as a PLC what specific components set this board a part as an exemplary example of student learning. Have someone in your group take a picture and tweet out sharing why.
2016-2017 School Year Update
Welcome our newest Titans!
Jennifer Stueart - 8th Grade Math
Casey York - 6th Grade Math
Mica Tucker - Spanish I
Sarah Valdovinos - Intro to Spanish
Floating Teachers will be notified via email this week. We'll set up work stations in each grade level work room as well as purchase rolling carts for those who are floating. Due to our growing size, we will have floaters in each grade level.
Our 7th and 8th grade lunches will be mixed. As of now, our 6th grade lunch will stand alone.
Advisory will be every day. Yes, we will have a specific plan regarding Advisory. More details to come.
The Master Schedule is looking good! We are much farther than we were last year at this time, but please know that nothing you see is final - especially where we have PAP/On Level courses. We are still anticipating student growth that will impact our schedule and course needs. As always, all decisions are made in the best interest of the students.
Department Chairs will be finalized by the end of this week.