St. Barnabas Elementary School
Just a few reminders..
- Morning Program begins on Monday, October 4th for only pre-registered families. (Registration is closed) Those students who will be attending morning care, should enter through the auditorium doors located on St Barnabas Place. Doors will open at 7:20am.
- We will be returning to our Fall uniform beginning Monday, October 4th. All uniforms must be purchased from Liebman's Uniforms in New Rochelle. Please click here to order uniforms online and to view uniform requirements. Please note there is a newly designed uniform for Pre-K and Kindergarten. (Uniforms are optional for Pre-K students) Grades 1 - 8 will have both a Fall and Spring uniform to choose from. Gym uniforms for 1 - 8 students are only to be worn on PE days. This does not apply to kindergarten students. Non-compliance will result in lunch detention.
- A FREE dress down day will be earned for all K - 8 students once our school Instagram page reaches 500 followers! Follow us today at @be_barnabas to catch a glimpse of all the amazing things happening in our classrooms.
- Fundraising has begun! Please see the links below for more information on this year's school fundraiser. Fundraising will end on October 18th.
- Map Testing for K - 8 students began on Monday, September 27th and will continue next week. Please see the attachment below for the schedule.
- We ask for our school community's continued cooperation during morning drop-off and pick-up. Please be mindful of all traffic laws as summons will be issued by Yonkers Police for those who do not obey the posted laws. Please do not double park as you will be ticketed.
- If your child is going to be absent, please contact the teacher and the main office directly. A list of all teachers and their email addresses can be found on the school website. Upon return, an absence note is required.
- On Sunday, you will receive a Google Health Survey, please complete the form either Sunday evening or Monday morning BEFORE your child(ren) arrive to school. There will be one form for PreK and one form for K-8. Each child must have a form completed. Please scroll down for more details.
- Pre-k parents should scroll down to see the weekly newsletter for their child's class.
Should you need to reach me for anything, please email me at email@example.com or call (718) 324-1088.
4th - Map Testing continues..
Morning program begins for pre-registered families only
11th - No School PK - 8 , Columbus Day
18th - Fundraising ends!
21st - No School, K-8, Full Day of PK
27th - No School, K-8, Full Day of PK
Follow Us On Social Media
After School- Registration now closed
After School Program- Please be sure to send a small snack. Program ends at 5:45pm. Late pickup will incur an additional fee ($1/ minute).
If you have registered for after school and have indicated that you will use the service TBD- please be sure to send an email on Sunday to your child's teacher and to the main office so that we can plan accordingly.
PK After Care students should be sent with a change of clothes and/or an extra pull-up just in case.
Grades K-8 pick up at the Cafeteria entrance located on 241st street near the main entrance to the school. PreK- pick up at the auditorium doors.
Pre-K Weekly Newsletters
COVID Weekly Health Screening
Each week you will be required to complete the Weekly Health Self-Screening Google Form on behalf of your child(ren) before entering the school building Monday mornings.
Surveys should be completed Sunday evening or Monday mornings by 7am.
Lunch at SBES- Kindergarten- Grade 8
St. Barnabas Elementary School has partnered with Division Food Service Management and MySchoolAccount.com for the managing of our lunch pre- order service and payments for the 2021-2022 school year. Please see the attached Parent Welcome Letter for more information on how to place your order. (Student Id numbers are provided from the vendor) If you have any questions please do not hesitate to reach out to Nicole Cestra at the email listed below: Nicole@Division-Hospitality.Com or 646-523-2028.
The October lunch schedule has been posted below.
NEW students- please call Nicole to assist with your account set up.
Parent Referral Incentive:
The following credit will be applied to the referring Parent’s 2021-22 Smart Tuition account and will appear on the family’s February billing statement:
· A one-time tuition credit of $250 for each new family registered in Full-Day Pre-K 3 or 4 (not UPK) and Grades K-8, for any referring Parent whose outreach and referral efforts result in a new family registering their child(ren) at any Regional School in the Archdiocese of New York in Full-Day Pre-K 3 or 4 (not UPK) and Grades K-8 for the 2021-22 school year and remaining in good standing with the school through February 1, 2022.
· The referring Parent must
o Refer the prospective family to the school for a virtual meeting with the school principal, or his/her designee, and
o Complete and sign this referral form on or before the time of the virtual meeting with the principal to initiate the referral process. Referral forms received after the virtual meeting will not be accepted.
· The prospective family must be NEW to the school in Grades K-8, OR have a student enrolled on a full time basis in a Pre K (non UPK) program; returning families are not covered by this Program.
· The referral credit for the referring Parent will be applied to their tuition bill in time for the February billing statement provided that:
o The new family’s child has continued to be enrolled in the school through February 1, 2022, and
o The referring family has remained current on their tuition payments.
Physicals and Immunizations
As a reminder, every student must have an updated physical on file each school year. ALL students must have up-to-date immunization records and a physical exam form completed each school year. For convenience, all forms are linked below. Please note that all NYC Pre-K students, under the age of 5 by December 31, 2021, will need to have a current flu vaccine on file. For those students that require an inhaler, or other medications such as an epipen, to be administered in school, I have linked the medical administration forms.
This year’s TACHS Test will once again be an online, at-home, remote test which will be held on Friday, November 5, 2021. Students will be required to have a device that is equipped with a webcam and is compatible with Chrome browser along with access to the internet. For security purposes, upon registration parents will be notified that their child will be recorded during the test and asked to sign or check an agreement. At the end of the test, flagged recordings will be reviewed by a trained proctor for any suspicious activity. Please be advised that the test will not be available for IPads and/or cell phones.
Registration will open on Monday, August 23rd and run through Sunday, October 24th until 5PM.
Please see below for Student Handbook and Registration Instructions. These can also be found on the TACHS website.
St. Barnabas Church Corner
St. Barnabas Elementary School
Through an enriched curriculum, complete with after-school offerings, St. Barnabas provides the tools and teaches the skills necessary for future success. In the way of Jesus, our children are taught the discipline, charity and grace of our Lord.