2016 Virtual Summer School
Online Learning Summer School for Genesee County Students
Genesee County Virtual Summer School (GCVSS) Details
For the fourth year, local Genesee County high school administrators and teachers are collaborating together to offer a virtual summer school program for students across the county. GCVSS courses are great for students who:
- Need to make up credits to graduate on schedule.
- Have other commitments and need flexible scheduling.
- Want to try an online course while their schedule is less demanding
- Are looking to stay academically engaged during the summer months.
- Want to access their Genesee County virtual course via the Web using a learning management system.
- Will benefit from having a highly qualified, certified teacher who posts assignments and provides guidance and support while students are enrolled in courses.
2016 Participating School Districts:
- Fenton High School
- Flushing High School
- LakeVille High School
Schedule, Cost and Eligibility for GCVSS
- Registration Begins: May 31, 2016
- Registration Closes: June 23, 2016
- Orientation and Classes Begin: June 28, 2016
- Classes End: Monday, August 5, 2016
- $160 per student, per course
- 0.5 credit courses (one-half semester)
- $200 per student, per course for students outside Genesee County
- Tuition is paid to students' local Genesee County High School
- Students outside Genesee County must register with a local Genesee County HS
- NO refunds for courses after classes start
- Enrollment open to students in grades 9-12
- Students can register for a maximum of 2 courses as allowed by counselors
Enrollment and Registration Details
- Register for GCVSS to makeup course credits or get ahead with academic skills
- Students can take online courses anytime and anyplace with access to the internet allowing for greater flexibility in summer scheudules
- GCVSS students have the flexibility of an online class with the support of an online instructor from a Genesee County Public High School
- Students participate in online course discussions and interactions with other online classmates
- Open labs are available at local districts participating in GCVSS.