The Occasional Science Newsletter
News You Can Use
Apply for CAST Scholarships!
STAT Scholarship for CAST 2016
Must currently be a member of the Science Teachers Association of Texas (STAT)
- Must currently be a science teacher (grades Pre-K-12), science administrator (any science school staff not a teacher including supervisors and coaches), or pre-service science teacher.
- Must NOT currently receive funding to attend CAST from your school for travel, a per diem, or registration.
- Must submit a completed:
- Scholarship Application
- Current Resume
- 500 – 1000 word essay outlining why you want to attend CAST 2016 and how attending CAST will not only benefit your classroom, but also your department or school district.
- One (1) letter of recommendation from principal or supervisor
- Applicant agrees to write a 200 word essay after CAST about their experience to be published in a future STATellite (must be received by 12/30/16)
- Participate in a focus group onsite at CAST (1 hour round table discussion)
Full scholarships are for attendees who do not live in the San Antonio area that would require conference registration, travel (up to $500 reimbursed), hotel accommodations, and a per diem for meals.
Local Scholarships are for attendees who live in the San Antonio area that would only require conference registration, mileage to the convention center, a per diem for food, and parking.
Visit http://www.statweb.org/page/Scholarship to apply