Standing on My Knees
Special Prayer Request * February 7, 2016
...and then Forgiveness
Thanks for your specific prayers for the preparation. As soon as I arose that morning, the Lord led me to create an illustration showing them how things like anger, hatred, unforgiveness build a wall on our hearts and harden it. Yet, the promise of God is that He can transform those very things into something good. We then took the bricks, chosen one by one, turned them over to reveal what God could transform our difficulties into. The 'hopeless' brick turned to 'hope.' The 'addiction' brick transformed into 'freedom'. The 'anger' brick became 'peace'. These bricks then build a new foundation, a road, to the very heart of God.
Monday night, February 8, we will have our last official meeting together. We will be ending talking about Forgiveness and releasing our offenders to the Lord. Again pray that the Lord will once again bring clarity and divine inspiration as I spend the day preparing my heart and the materials for this time.
Even as this formal group comes to a close, we pray to continue to developing relationships with these young men and possibly develop more materials for them in the future.
God is good in meeting these young men where they are at. We are entrusting the fruit of this day to them.
Pic above: One of the young men choosing one of the negative emotions from the wall of the 'hardened' heart, preparing for it to be transformed, and building the 'road to God's heart'.
Negative emotions and feelings such as hatred...unforgiveness.... were on one side of a brick to help illustrate how these things in our lives build a wall around our heart and harden it. The bricks allowed us to name what is there within us.
Who He is...
Because of Who God is...the Healer...the Redeemer...and His characteristics...Love...Joy...Peace...He has the power to transform us from what and who we currently are....
...to New Life
As we give our pains to Jesus, he can change them to things such as joy...freedom...faith...forgiveness...changing the wall to a road leading us to the heart of God, to healing and to new life.
Who He is...
On a personal note...
Prayers for Upcoming Travel
* these last days of wrapping up here to be gone for 8 weeks
* solid housing plans to come together upon my arrival (and in all locations)
* meetings and events to get on the calendar
* international (Romania/Kiev) and domestic travel (Philadelphia/Michigan)
* the Trauma Healing Community of Practice (COP) that I will be attending in Mid-March
* refreshment in the Lord and with others
* physical rest in preparation for the travel
* additional ministry partners to join in this work (praying for 30 more partners!)
* Ukraine trauma healing plans to proceed
* clarity in bringing back to Ukraine all the resources I need (art supplies, books, 'homey' things), personally and for ministry.
Let's get together!!
My local number in the States will be 239-222-3616. My skype name is 'reneezydaizy'
All gifts given through Ripe for Harvest World Outreach are tax-deductible. (Acct: Flory, Renee--20018) Contributions are solicited with the understanding that Ripe For Harvest has complete discretion and control over the use of all donated funds.