The Weightman M.E.O.W.
Monthly Events Of Wildcats: October 2018
TEWMS 2019 Teacher of the Year: Mr. Don Scott
Let us know how a Wildcat has made a difference for you! Click here to give a shout out for a Wildcat.
TEWMS 2019 School Related Personnel of the Year: Ms. Falco
Monitoring a student's progress throughout the school year is key to success. Starting in mid/late October we will have data chats and goal setting sessions with students. During these conversations, students will learn what their Florida State Assessment (FSA) score represents, how they can "level up," and how to design an academic goal for themselves. In addition, we will be monitoring students' progress towards their goal throughout the school year by looking at the strategies students are using and their class grades.
We hope that the Wildcat binders are assisting students and families with keeping better organized. In an effort to get feedback and make adjustments for second semester, we are asking parents to please complete this five question survey related to the student Wildcat Binder. We will be asking students to complete a similar survey as well.
Students participate in Quarterly Checks for their four core academic classes during the last two weeks of each quarter throughout the school year. These district developed assessments are intended to inform us on the progress students are making with regards to learning the content standards. Students will take their Quarterly Checks during a 50 minute class period. We will be starting the first quarter's Quarterly checks on Thursday, October 4.
Parents will access student report cards, through their MyStudent account. For you to have full access to these reports as well as your students attendance, grades, test scores and class assignments, you need to Register for a "Parent MyStudent" account. Here is a step-by-step video to assist you with this process. Please communicate with your child's teachers when you have a question, are looking for help, or have a concern about an assignment or their grades.
TEWMS Student Congress
Bringing Smiles to WC
Gallup: Student Poll
All students in Pasco County are encouraged to participate in the Gallup Student Poll. The online survey measures the engagement, hope, entrepreneurial aspiration, and career and financial literacy of students in grades five through 12. TEWMS students will take the Gallop Student Poll starting October 16. All school Gallup results are shared through the district website.
Boys Soccer Try outs
6th grade Health Screenings
Come join the fun at our Halloween Costume Dance Party on Friday, October 26 from 6 - 8pm. Students are able to wear costumes to the dance only. Costumes may not include: masks covering the full face, blood, core, and leave the clowns at home. Food and beverages will be available for purchase. Tickets are $7 and can be purchased through the Acorn online payment system or during lunches 10/24-10/26.
TEWMS Washington DC Trip
Great American Teach In @ TEWMS
Yearbooks & Picture Retakes
2018-2019 yearbooks are currently on sale and can be purchased using the link on our school website or through the Acorn online payment system.
Fall School Picture Retakes will be on Friday, November 9.
28th Annual Talent Show
- Oct 1: TEWMS Volleyball @ Pasco Middle School, 6pm
- Oct 2: TEWMS Football @ Pasco Middle School, 6:30pm
- Oct 3: FFA Meeting, 3pm room 725
- Oct 3: Opportunity Hall, 3-4:30pm in Media
- Oct 4-12: Quarterly Checks
- Oct 4: TEWMS Volleyball @ Centennial Middle School, 6pm
- Oct 5: FFA Garden Project @ NRES, 3pm
- Oct 6: Advanced Band trip to Bethune Cookman University: Homecoming Parade & Football Game
- Oct 8: TEWMS Volleyball vs. JLMS, 6pm: Pink-out game
- Oct 9: Cheer Practice, 3-4:30 in Cafeteria
- Oct 9: TEWMS Football @ PVMS, 6:30pm
- Oct 10: Quarterly Student Celebration, 9:20am in Cafeteria
- Oct 10: Opportunity Hall, 3-4:30pm in Media
- Oct 10: Gifted Information Night, 5pm in Gym, Media & Cafeteria
Oct 12: Pep Rally, 2-2:50pm, Activity Bell Schedule
- Oct 15: Teacher Planning day, No School
- Oct 16-19: Gallup: Student Survey
- Oct 16: Cheer Practice, 3-4:30 in Cafeteria
Oct 16: TEWMS Football vs. CSRMS, 6:30pm: Pink-out game
- Oct 17: Opportunity Hall, 3-4:30pm in Media
Oct 18: CBI Trip to WC Fire Station, Mrs. Monticco
- Oct 19: FFA Garden Project @ NRES, 3pm
- Oct 22-26: Red Ribbon Week
- Oct: 22-23: Boys Soccer Try outs begin, 3-5:30pm on Soccer Field
- Oct 23: 1st Quarter Report Cards posted in MyStudent
- Oct 24: Opportunity Hall, 3-4:30pm in Media
- Oct 24: Student club day
- Oct 25: 6th grade Health Screenings
- Oct 26: Halloween Dance, 6-8pm
- Oct 27: Band-Avalon Park West preforming during Spooktacular
- Oct 27: Gulf Coast OM Coaches Training, 7am-3pm Media Center
Let us know how a Wildcat has made a difference for you! Give them a shout out here.