The best mineral around
- Diamond mines are found where there have been volcanic activity.
- Diamond mines can be found in a total of 35 countries in several different countries around the world.
- These type of mines are always found in areas where there has been volcanic activity or erosion and where natural elements might have taken diamonds, Including: streams, rivers, and even glaciers.
- Today the methods of diamond mining are safer, however, it was not always this way, In the past, many diamond miners died or had severe injuries in diamond mines because of the highly dangerous working conditions.
The amazing Journey!
- In the depths of the mantle...
- Carbon molecules are compressed by the pressure in the mantle and the heat of magma, which once compressed form diamonds.
- Diamonds then cool and become a lower temperature than the magma around it.
- Diamonds travel up volcanic tubes with other volcanic rocks and then after a volcanic eruption diamonds are found in igneous rocks in places that have had volcanic activity.
Diamonds are carbon that is pressured by the mantle and heated by the magma to compress together and form diamonds
Diamonds are rare
Even though you won't find diamonds when your gardening, the big gem companies withhold a lot of diamonds to keep the price high
Diamonds have long been a symbol of love and marriage
The tradition of the engagement ring being a diamond only started in 1930 by an advertising agency