What's happening in kindergarten!
In math we will be moving on to two and three dimensional shapes. We will be able to identify shapes and then match and sort them in concrete and pictorial form. We will be observing and describing different shapes that make up the faces of a solid.
In word study we will continue to work on sentence structure and begin to closely look at punctuation. We will build and “tap out” words and make new words by changing beginning and ending sounds.
- Wednesday "Lunch with your Child" begins November 6th. Feel free to come and join us any Wednesday 11:30 to 12:00.
- Scheduled "Show and Share" begins the week of November 4th.
- We will be working on our nonfiction project about bats. This will be highlighted by our trip to the zoo on November 19th.
- Kindergarten will also celebrate Thanksgiving by having a feast with our Pre-K friends.
- Be on the lookout for a fun project focusing on families!
Dates to remember:
November 19th – Zoo Trip
November 21st - Thanksgiving Feast
November 25th thru 29th – School Closed…HAPPY THANKSGIVING!