March 11, 2015
- Lunch in Letters (see Public Relations)
- Big Appreciation Day - March 13
- Biggest/Littlest Mixer Pregame - March 13 8:30pm @ 133 Blair
- Formal Chapter - March 15
- Academic Excellence Member Education Event - March 15 after chapter
- Hear Me Roar talk - March 16 5:30pm @ Call Auditorium
- Seniors: St. Patty's Day Lunch - March 17 @ The Nines
- PC '12 and PC'14: Sake bombing pregame - March 20 @ Miyake
- Girl Scout Cookie Sale - March 21 12-6pm @ Mann Library and KD House
- Crush - March 21 9:30pm-12am @ Moonies
- Appointed Officer Q&A - March 22 12:30-1pm in the chapter room
- Daggermen Initiation - March 22 1pm at the house
- Relay for Life - April 10
- Mili's Dance-a-thon - April 25 7-10pm @ Pixel
- Formal - April 26 9:30-11pm @ Lakewatch
- Senior Wills! - May 5th @ Llenroc
VP MEMBER EDUCATION - Madeline Ling (mel263)
VP MEMBERSHIP - Carson Denbow (cld73)
The deadline is approaching fast and we still need a couple Rho Gamma applications!! Being a Rho Gamma is a unique experience where you can help PNMs find their letters for a lifetime.
Applications are due THIS FRIDAY at 11:59pm. Please also send your current resume to Allegra Terhorst at email@example.com. The application can be found here: https://docs.google.com/a/cornell.edu/forms/d/1CoNhh8buAHTTk4X3enjlZ2jWM6muPPLlK8Xi7NCNAWI/viewform
PLEASE contact me with any questions about the application, what will be expected of you as a Rho Gamma, etc.
Much love in AOT,
VP OPERATIONS - Jen Mandelblatt (jpm367)
1. Chapter on Sunday is formal and there will be a brief Academic Excellence Member Education Event
2. Appointed Officer (APO) Q & A session is on March 22 from 12:30-1:00. All of PC '15 and sisters interested in applying are strongly encouraged to attend.
3. For information on the APO positions and who currently holds them check out this link: https://docs.google.com/a/cornell.edu/document/d/1QENiI2sbZRFCbLIqrv5qSGdm6eV28rTH5fCrevYtnhw/edit?usp=sharing
VP COMMUNITY SERVICE - Alex McClellan (ahm236)
There has been a last minute cancellation with the Girl Scout troop we were originally going to partner with for our cookie sales event on March 21st. Miranda and I are doing our best to secure another troop so we can still have a great time with the Girl Scouts (and eat some cookies) but in the meantime, do not share the event! We are going to keep the event up until we know for sure that we will not have a Girl Scout troop to work with.
In place of our philanthropy with Pike, I was thinking of doing a mini-service trip to do some volunteer work in Ithaca. If you have any ideas, feel free to let me know! I'm setting up a few options and I will let everyone vote on which one they would like best.
Mili's Dance-a-thon: PC'15: for those of you who don't know, our sister Mili Mandic passed away during recruitment last year from a cardiac disease she didn't even know she had. You will learn more about her as we get closer to her Dance-a-thon, but in the meantime, if you want to send Mili's parent's some words/pictures/love, email Dori at firstname.lastname@example.org. She is going to be visiting them in Serbia and making a scrapbook to give to them on Mili's birthday (the same date of our event: April 25th!).
VP PUBLIC RELATIONS - Maple Chen (mc2225)
Lunch in Letters:
Thursday @ Trillium | Laya (11:15-1:15)
PC15: If you haven't taken your new member photo yet, Alana and I will be around to do that for half an hour after chapter on Sunday so please come and get it (bae)! Don't you want to be featured on our Facebook page? Yaz yas the answer is yaz
peace, love, runny noses,
PANHELLENIC DELEGATE - Josselyn Tsai (jt566)
The Cornell University Panhellenic Association is proud to announce the annual Women's Wellness Week will be taking place from March 16th-March 20th! This week will include multiple exciting events such as a nationally recognized keynote self-empowerment speaker, self defense classes, free fitness classes, raffle prizes, coffee tabs, and more! We're looking forward to promoting the health, well-being, and inner beauty of not only Cornell Panhellenic women, but all women on campus.
Jennifer Cassetta, the keynote speaker, will be presenting her nationally acclaimed, "Hear Me Roar" self-empowerment lecture on March 16th from 5:30pm-7:00pm in Call Auditorium. "Hear Me Roar" will be an interactive event motivating women to protect their minds, bodies, and hearts, and will include a self-defense workshop. AOT group O is going!!
Other scheduled events include:
- A free yoga class on March 16th at 2:30pm in Noyes
- A free martial arts class on March 18th at 2:30pm in Noyes
- A surprise Panhellenic coffee tab in Libe café
Here is the survey to sign up for Day of Demeter on March 21st! Day of Demeter is a day where all the Greek houses send a few members to give back to the Ithaca community! It's a fun day where you meet new friends and get to do some hands on community service, whether that is baking cookies or chopping trees (ask Momclellan). Sign up as soon as possible and let me know if you sign up! (https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1NaFiFeErKBE9Aj8chEXY1w4jYr65W3jceieARcIj4Lc/viewform?usp=send_form)
APPOINTED OFFICER ANNOUNCEMENTS
PC'12 and PC'14 Club Chairs
Hey PC'12 and PC'14! On Friday the 20th, there will be a sake bombing pregame at Miyake before our mixer for all sisters in PC'12 and PC'14! It will be super fun and a great way to kick off the weekend and get pumped for Crush! If you would like to attend and have a great time with your sisters, please follow the link below and sign up!
AOT- Vera, Alyssa, and Carriel
Senior and Sophomore Club Chairs
Senior Club Chair
This Friday we will be having a biggest/littlest bonding event at 133 Blair Street! If you haven't already, reach out to your biggest/littlest and make plans!
- Who: Biggests (PC '12) & Littlests (PC '15)
- What: Mixer Pregame
- Where: 133 Blair
- When: Friday, March 13th @ 8:30!!!!!!
Alyssa & Beera
READ IN FULL BEFORE ASKING BRIDGET OR ASHLYN ANY QUESTIONS
(but don't be scarred to ask questions; we love to clarify!)
Date ✧ March 21st
Time ✧ 9:30pm-12:00am
Place ✧ Moonies
Theme ✧ Birthday Bash
• BEFORE YOU SIGN UP YOUR CRUSHES HERE, READ THESE FOUR IMPORTANT POINTS (1) Please use correct names and email without emojis or exclamation points. It makes our job frustrating to go back and correct everything before we print the list. That is why there is a column marked for fun comments. (2) That being said, PLEASE include real email addresses so we can send cool invites that Amanda Ho is kindly making! (3) Finally, crushes are dueFriday March 20th at 11:59pm NO EXCEPTIONS. (4) Thank you for reading all of that here is the real link to the crush sign up.
• We are crushing pike, phi tau, llenroc and sig ep! You can talk to those boys about it now.
• Moonies has kindly offered us a $500 bar tab. We will not advertise openly to guests about the tab, but you can if you want.
DATE NIGHT 2
Date ✧ Date Dash
Time ✧ Date Dash O'Clock
Place ✧ Level B or Pixel
Theme ✧ Tacky
• We will announce the event, at the earliest, 24 hours before it starts. The whole idea is to have fun scrambling to find a date. The time crunch has the potential to give you the confidence to ask that person you've always wanted to.
• The tacky theme just means dress in your tackiest most ridiculous clothing. 80's prom dresses are a great example.
• If you somehow magically manage to figure out the date, please do not spoil the fun for your sisters!
Date ✧ April 26th
Time ✧ 9:30-11:00pm
Place ✧ Lakewatch Inn
Theme ✧ Awards Show
• Unlike formals in the past, we will have a pizza and salad bar for dinner. So it's like a fancy pizza party! If you have any dietary restrictions, please fill out this form. If you do not fill out this form you will not have food at formal.
• The "Awards Show" theme is meant to include everyones favorite things such as sparkles, dressing up real fancy, power couples, and insignificant recognitions. We will hopefully have real awards to hand out and are crossing our fingers for some drunken acceptance speeches.
Girl Scouts - Miranda Deane
Girl Scout event will be happening on MARCH 21st! 12-6pm.
Sorry for any confusion. I had miss-communication problems with my correspondent in the Girl Scouts.
But she told me we are back on for the 21st! So continue that amazing PR and tell all your friends.
SO EXCITED FOR COOKIES
Academic Excellence - Alexis Cousins
Hey everybody! Just letting you know that we will have our member education event for the semester after next week's chapter.
Get pumped to hear about how academically awesome our sisters are!
Let’s keep attendance at a maximum this week with our AMAZING MIXERS AND THEMES.
Seriously though. They’re amazing. It’s also super important you continue to use the sign-up sheet so we can tell the boys how many girls to plan for.
Thursday - KAPPA SIG - 10 pm - rides from KD and Schwartz - ABC - gather all the random stuff around your room and get ready to make some crazy outfits @ the sisterho0o0o0od event - see the pinterest page for inspiration & tips - please please please be respectful of your bodies and mindful of covering the important parts of your bodies! stay classy, never trashy! :)
Friday - SIG EP - 10 pm - rides from KD and Schwartz - Kennedy Bros and Marilyn Monroes - dress fancy, drink bubbly, and get paired up with “a Kennedy Bro”
Saturday - PHI PSI - 10 pm - rides from KD and Schwartz - Yogas & Togas - you get to pick which to wear, but be ready to have an awesome time!! (if we can get enough girls to go they will host the mixer in their great hall, which is super super cool and fun so like everyone should go. plus the guys lovee going out to bars at midnight so it would be fun to go to the mixer and go out after with the guys)
This week it will probably be pretty useful to look at the pinterest page for inspiration on what to wear. https://www.pinterest.com/kdoxsocial/inspiration/
****Thank you to our awesome sober monitor volunteers! If you change your mind about sobering, please find a replacement!
Don’t forget about sober driving also! Leave your name and phone number in the sober column!
See you ALL there!!!!xoxo socialz
Camp Kesem Counselor Information
We're Jia and Dana and we're the volunteer coordinators at a new organization on campus called Camp Kesem Cornell. Camp Kesem chapters all over the US are groups that organize and fundraise week-long, completely free summer camps for kids whose parents have cancer. Because it's our first year here at Cornell, we're looking for counselors!
Our camp is going to be held from August 9th-14th in the Ithaca area -- so there's enough time to be back at school for O-week. If you want to learn more about our organization, check out https://www.facebook.com/campkesemcornell.
The counselor application can be accessed by going to the link below:
[Note: the camp dates on this website are not accurate.]
Instructions to Apply:
1. Scroll down until you find Cornell University
2. Click "add"
3. On the right side, under "your selections" press continue
4. Follow directions
5. Submit app
6. We'll email you about an interview!
Thanks so much,
Jia and Dana
Unique Summer Opportunity - Support for InternationalChange
Have you ever wanted to make a difference in the world? Are you interested in Global Health? Do you want an invaluable summer experience?
Experience total immersion a rural Tanzanian culture and gain valuable leadership skills in the health field with Support for International Change, an organization dedicated to ending HIV/AIDS in Tanzania. Apply Now to volunteer this summer. The application deadline is March 31st.