Stonybrook Middle School
The Knightly News, February 2017
Ready to Learn - Be Responsible, Be Respectful, Be Safe
I Love to Read Month - Month of February, 2017
* Reading Minutes Contest: for every 10 minutes a student reads, they will be entered into a draw to win a prize! Parents will need to initial the reading log that will come home, verifying how much the student has read. Winners will be announced and given their prizes at the end of every week.
* Book Covers: will cover our walls! The cover of every book that is read will be photocopied and hung on our walls. Maybe all the walls in the school will be covered!
* Spelling Bees: One grade each week will have a spelling bee in the bandroom at lunchtime, and winners will receive a prize.
* Bingo - Students will have a chance to fill out bingo cards for the type of book they read (ex. fiction, non-fiction, biography, etc). The first class that hands in a completed bingo card will win a prize.
* Reading buddies - Our school has partnered up with Southwood School, and our students will be going to read to their students!
* Homeroom Reading Race - the homeroom that has the most reading minutes will receive a banner and who knows, maybe even a few goodies!
* "Caught ya!" - if a student is "spied" reading by Mrs. Rebizant, they will get a little reward!
Important Dates to Remember
Wednesday, February 15 Extreme Sledding Competition in Winnipeg for some Grade 8 studentsMonday, February 20 Louis Riel Day (No Classes)
Tuesday, February 21 Grade 8 French Field Trip
Wednesday, February 22 Grade 8 Band at Optimist Festival
Friday, February 24 HTA Professional Development Day (No Classes)
Friday, March 10 Administration Day (No Classes)
Monday, March 13 End of Term 2
Friday, March 17 Term 2 Report Cards
Wednesday, March 22 Parent Teacher Interviews, 4:30-7:30
"Spread the Net"
Please come and support our fundraising efforts!
Makerspace at the HSD Board Office
Mr. Dueck (Superintendent) launching a new career?
Playing a cajon made by one of our students.
Abbi and Natasha at work.
Mrs. Rebizant, having just arrived: "What have I missed?"
Knights of the Month
For October: Grade 8 - Gian, Grade 7 - Khean, Grade 6 - Alexandra, Grade 5 - Kayden
For November: Grade 8 - Adriana, Grade 7 - Kara, Grade 6 - Corinna, Grade 5 - Janae
For December: Grade 8 - Jerzy, Grade 7 - Ryland, Grade 6 - Morgan, Grade 5 - Anabelle
For January: Grade 8 - Jan Felix, Grade 7 - Araya, Grade 6 - Keanna, Grade 5 - Erika
For February: Grade 8 - Gerick, Grade 7 - Reese, Grade 6 - John Rovic, Grade 5 - Corina
Congratulations to these students and thank you for your hard work in our school!
For Your Information
Grade 8's Enjoying Cedarwood!
Are you interested in becoming a Yearbook Patron?
Red Cross Babysitting Course
Date: Saturday, March 4, 2017
Time: 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Please register in person or by phone a minimum of 5 business days prior.
Payment can be made by phone using a credit card, or in person with cash, cheque, debit or credit card.
STEINBACH CAMPUS - 385 LOEWEN BOULEVARD - 204-320-2500