Ms. Sayed Arabic Class
To Tarbiyah Academy's 5th and 6th Grade Familes,
In sha Allah, this finds you in the best of health and highest of Iman. :)
What's Happening in Arabic class
As you may know, we have several levels of ability in each Arabic class. I divided the students, in each class, into 3 levels. Each level will be given appropriate exercises and homework that is suitable. The 3 levels are nicknamed *Yasmeen*, *Foll*, and *Ward* (names of flowers in Arabic). Your child is in one of the levels (see below). As such, when you log into ManageBac, look for the homework and/or activities for the proper level under the names *Yasmeen*, *Foll*, and *Ward*.
* Recognize letters at the beginning, in the middle and at the end of the word
* Use syllabification to read words
* Differentiate between short and long vowels
* Read numbers up to 20
- Various forms of greetings.
Through units " Conversations التحيات والتعارف " and " Greetings التحيات و عبارات المجاملة " students will be able to:
* Review sentence structure after writing
* Re‐write sentences to improve structure and sequence of ideas
* Read words before full stops and commas complying with Waqf rules
* Use a variety of clues while reading to predict and check for meaning
* Learn how to effectively communicate in Arabic
* Read, write and count numbers up to 50
* Pronounce and then mention the name of letter bearing the "Skoon" and " Shadda"
* "Taa Marbuta" and "Haa" at the end of words.
* Introduction to Subject Pronouns: Singular الضمائر المنفصلة و المتصلة: المفرد
Through units " Conversations & Greetings التحيات والتعارف " and " Family الأسرة " students will be able to:
* Tell the story in a summary
* Identify characters and explain their roles
* Re‐write paragraphs to improve sequence and structure of sentences
* Check and review spelling after writing
* Practice and consolidate strategies for self‐monitoring and correcting own reading using phonic, spelling, grammatical and contextual cues
* Prepositional Phrases حروف الجر
* Interrogative sentences الجمل الإستفهامية
* Masculine and Feminine in Pronouns and Nouns التذكير و التأنيث في الضمائر و الأسماء
* Present Tense Verb with 1st person تصريف الفعل المضارع مع المتكلم
Learning through Games !!
Please have your child spend two 10-15 minute sessions a week on this website to emphasize what we learn in class and to review previously learned concepts.
New videos for your kids to enjoy !!
I love to hear from you.....