Third Grade Buzzzz...
Happenings in Mrs. Paluch's Class!
May 9, 2016
Little White School House Field Trip Monday!!
Dress appropriately, wear comfortable shoes and bring a lunch from home.
Field Day is Thursday!
Kids should wear their grade-level t-shirt or green!
ELA- (English/Language Arts)
Unit 3 Module B
Reading Essential Question: How do readers use text structures and features to better comprehend texts?
Writing Essential Question: How do writers introduce and develop a topic with facts, details, and linking words?
Focus This Week:
- We will read the book, Living Through a Natural Disaster and learn about 3 different natural disasters that have happened on Earth and how they affect people.
- Read scientific relationships and how and why things occur in nature. Look at the scientific causes of natural disasters.
- Compare and contrast Weather and Living Through a Natural Disaster and see how the text features contribute to the meaning of the texts.
- Vowel Patterns- a, au, aw, al, augh, ough
- We will write a news report about one of the natural disasters that we read about. As a class we will take notes from both stories. Kids will then create their own engaging news report that explains how weather affects people.
- Simple verb tenses
Lessons this week:
- Shared Attributes of Quadrilaterals
- Problem Solving: Guess, Check, and Revise
- Partition Shapes
- We will take the test on Chapter 14 on Friday
Homework This Week
Monday 5/9- 14.5
Tuesday 5/10- 14.6
Wednesday 5/11- 14.7
Thursday 5/12 None
Below is a link to a good website with a lot of math games! We are currently working on geometry, but they should continue to work on multiplication/division and fractions too!
A review sheet/study guide will come home on Monday.
May 9- Field Trip- Little White Schoolhouse
May 9-11- Book Fair
May 10-12 Salsa Verde Nights
May 11- Family Walk 6:00 Playground
May 12- Field Day
May 20- Last Day of School 12:45 Dismissal