Week at a Glance
One of the things I love doing in the fall is going to festivals and craft shows, and the season kicked off with the Johnny Appleseed Festival this weekend. I love going to this festival. I have been going for years, but I never tire of going. I enjoy looking at the crafts, but mainly the pottery! Each year I treat myself to one (or two) new pieces for my collection. This year I found a beautiful serving bowl and smaller "dip" type bowl. I was also able to find a Christmas gift for my sister. Now I'm ready for the next festival!
- Grade level meeting: gr. 3 in p.m.
- 7:30 a.m.--Grade span collaboration--K-2, 3-6--IRI and mClass data; spec. ed. with Karla Mettert
- 7:45 a.m.-8:30 a.m.--princ. meeting--Karen @ ENCO
- 8:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.--spec. ed. meeting @ ENCO--Karen & Josh
- 2:00 p.m.--interview--Craig & Karen
- 3:30 p.m.--mClass training at ENCO
- 3:40 p.m.--case conference--Jessica, Dawn & Karen
- PD session for after school cancelled due to grade level meetings & mClass training
- Success data due to Karen
- Lockdown drill
- Grade level meetings: gr. 1 in a.m. & gr. 4 in p.m.
- VALIC rep meetings in conference room
- 7:30 a.m.--case conference--Stephanie, Jessica, & Karen
- 8:30 a.m.--gr. 3 data meeting (might need to start at 8:35/8:40)
- 9:30 a.m.--FLS & preK data meeting
- 12:30-3:30 p.m.--Karen @ grade level meeting
- 4:30 p.m.--Light the Night--Karen
- 5:00 p.m.--Light the Night registration
- Grade level meetings: gr. 2 a.m. & gr. 6 p.m.
- 7:30 a.m.--gr. 1 data meeting
- 8:00 a.m.--case conference--Deb, Jessica, Faith, & Karen
- 8:30 a.m-9:00 p.m.--5th grade field trip
- 8:30 a.m.--progress report grades due
- 1:30 p.m.--gr. 4 data meeting
- 2:00 p.m.--case conference--Deb, Dawn, Jessica, & Karen
- 3:30 p.m.--NCA meeting @ ENCO--Faith & Karen
- 6:00 p.m.--Board meeting at Rome City
- Progress reports issued
- Grade level meeting: K in p.m.
- 7:30 a.m.--gr. 2 data meeting
- 8:30 a.m.--admin. meeting
- 1:30 p.m.--case conference--Stephanie, Jessica, & Karen
- 3:00 p.m.--gr. 5 data meeting
- 4:00 p.m.--case conference--Terri, Jessica, & Karen
- HAGT meeting--cluster teachers gone all day
- NEU book study--reading of chapters 14-16 due (We'll meet next week since several staff members will be at training today.)
- 7:30 a.m.--kindergarten data meeting
- 9:00 a.m.--case conference--Janelle, Jessica, Deb, & Karen
- 3:30 p.m.--gr. 4 weekly notes due
- LOCKDOWN DRILL: For our lockdown drill this week, we will signal the start of the drill with a specified staff member pulling the pin on "the egg" instead of using our verbal prompt. Once you hear the egg alarm, you will need to pull the pin on yours and proceed with the lockdown. Keep in mind, Josh and I will still come to unlock doors at the end of the drill. You'll need to collect your egg at that time as well.
- PD SESSION: I will reschedule our PD session that was planned for Monday. Third grade teachers will be gone for their grade level meeting and Becca has planned a training for mClass at 3:30 p.m.
- GRANDPARENT'S DAY: Many thanks for all your work in preparing for Grandparent's Day! We had such a great turnout and I know the grandparents appreciated the opportunity to come visit our school.