Body Image Project
Body image is how people think about there body and people see themselves. Beauty is when the shape, color or form please somebody which is usually the sight. I think that when people think of their body most automatically think of the negative because a lot of people aren't confident in the way they look.
Body images often get influenced by outside sources such as friends, family or the media. I think it's mostly the media today, they continuously post about famous people talking about there body and how they look. If somebody gains weight then they are put in a magazine so everybody can know about it. This makes peoples minds always think everybody should look like them, I think society shouldn't listen to magazines and realize that everybody is different.
- "Eating disorders are categorized as mental illnesses where there is an unhealthy relationship with food."
- Eating disorders change the way people think about themselves and often change peoples appearance.
- "24 million people in the U.S. struggle with an eating disorder."
- Anorexic, Bulimia, and binge eating are the 3 main eating disorders.
- 50% of people with the disorder also struggle with depression
- These disorders can be caused by psychology issues or genetics
- " Eating disorders have the highest mortality rate of any mental illness."
- 50-80% of developing this disorder is from genetics
- 10-15% of those who suffer from anorexia are males
- These people have low self esteem and pressure to be skinny
- Avoid offending media
- Don't go to shopping centers
- Don't have conversations about appearance
- Eat healthy