We Are... Room 304!
Miss Anderson's Weekly Scoop
September 15-19, 2014
September 16th ~
- Crazy Hair Day ~ Siani's Birthday Spirit
September 18th ~
- Harvest Breakfast RSVPs Due
September 19th ~
- SMILE... it's Picture Day!
- Race for Education Labels Due - Labels and green "sponsor name" sheet due!
September 25th ~
- Rosh Hashanah (No School)
September 26th ~
- Scholastic Book Orders Due - Class Code - GK8L7
- Box Tops due for September! Let's start the year off great!
- Recorder Letter/Order Due
- Student Advisory Spirit Day - Football Friday!
September 29th ~
- Kid Stuff Orders Due
We need your Race for Education green sheets & labels!
A few quick things about this week...
*A friendly reminder... students should be reading the same independent reading book at home as they are at school. This means, their DEAR book should be going home nightly with them, and making its way back to school the following day, everyday!
*If any of your children forget their calendars, no worries! Simply record the information on a post-it and stick it in their assignment book! :)
Writing & Spelling
I encourage students to be writing at home 2+ times per week. They can write anything – lists, paragraphs, stories, put an artifact in their notebook – we will be talking about and practicing lots of different strategies in class. It should take about 10 minutes - 2+ times per week! There is no specific assignment... they can practice whatever strategy we've done in class or just write! All "at home" entries should be dated and marked with an (H) to let me know it was an "at home" entry. Remember... the more they write, the better writers they will become!
Spelling Homework - Unit #1, pages 9-10 due Thursday, Quiz Friday
*Each week's spelling list will be posted on our class website!
Science ~ Electricity
Students may be finishing pages of the Important book project at home this week (only up to page 4)... Expectations are as follows:
- Students correctly fill in the blanks in their white packet using the purple paper.
- Words should be spelled correctly, because the words are on the purple paper!
- All illustrations should relate to the content on the page, be neat, and colored.