A New Year!
TCAP Writing Assessment Grades 3-5
- Grade 5: February 4th-10th
- Grade 4: February 11th-18th
- Grade 3: February 19th-25th
Kids on the Block
Careers on Wheels and Career Fair
Coffee and Book Club with the Counselors
Who? Scales Parents and Caregivers
What? Book Club! The book selection is Parenting with Love and Logic by Foster Cline and Jim Fay. We will be covering chapters 1 and 2 at our first meeting. Please feel free to join us!
Where? Scales Media Center
When? Thursdays from 2:45-3:30 p.m. beginning NEXT Thursday, January 29th. We will meet on the following dates:
- January 29th (Chapters 1 and 2)
- February 5th (Chapters 3 and 4)
- February 12th (Chapters 5 and 6)
- No meeting February 19th
- February 26th (Chapters 7 and 8)
- March 5th (Pearls 1-24)
- March 12th (Pearls 25-48)
First Semester in Review
We wrapped up our first round of small groups and lunch bunches on topics such as study skills, friendship skills, and social skills, and will be starting new groups this quarter.
We look forward to the rest of this school year! Please contact us if we can be of service to you and your child.
~Shelbie and Rebecca
Celebrate National School Counseling Week February 2-6, 2015!
The Role of the School Counselor
· Responsive Services- personal and crisis counseling, small group counseling, 504 and support services
· Classroom Curriculum- classroom lessons, character education, group activities, newsletters, and transition issues
· System Support- staff and community relations through consultation and collaboration
· Individual Planning- test planning and interpretation