Linden Leopard Growl
Here at Linden we are ONE! --- February 5, 2020 Edition
UPCOMING IMPORTANT DATES
- Tuesday, February, 4th: 5th Grade NOVA Presentation @ 9:45 AM
- Friday, February 7th: ONE " Diversity is Strength" Shirt Day
- Friday, February 7th: RLS Field Trip to McCarter Theater
- Monday, February 10th: Illustrator Floyd Cooper Assembly @ 9:15 AM
- Monday, February 10th : 4th Grade Human Growth & Development Classes @ 2:30 PM
- Tuesday, February 11th: 4th Grade Human Growth & Development Classes @ 2:30 PM
- Wednesday, February 12th: 3rd Grade Walking Trip to Michener Museum @ 1:00 PM
- Thursday, February 13th: Valentine's Day
- Friday, February 14th: No School For Students
- Monday, February 17th: Presidents' Day - No School
- Tuesday, February 18th: 6th Grade Parents Middle School Orientation @ 7:00 PM
- Wednesday, February 19th: Girl & Grown Up Book Club @ 6:00 PM
- Friday, February 21st: Linden Gear/Competition Day
- Friday, February 21st: Family Bingo Night 6:30 PM - 8:00 PM
- Monday, February 24th: Weather Drill @ 2:00 PM
- Saturday, February 29th: 6th Grade Social Club Movies @ The County Theater
- Thursday, March 5th: Pennies for Patients Kick - Off Assembly @ 10:00 AM
- Friday, March 6th: "ONE Diversity is Strength" Shirt Day
- Monday, March 9th: 2nd Grade Spotlight on Music @ 6:00 PM
- Thursday, March 12th: 4th Grade Field Trip to Adventure Aquarium
- Friday, March 13th: Linden Gear/Competition Day
- Friday, March 13th: 2nd Grade NOVA Presentation
- Monday, March 16th - Friday, March 20th: Art Goes to School Visitations
- Monday, March 16th: 5th Grade Human Growth & Development Classes @ 9:30 AM
- Monday, March 16th: Principal's Award Ceremony @ 3:00 PM
- Monday, March 16th: Community Connections with Dr. Kopicki @ 6:00 PM
- Tuesday, March 17th: Early Dismissal @ 12:25 PM
- Tuesday, March 17th: End of 2nd Trimester
- Tuesday, March 17th:5th Grade Human Growth & Development Classes @ 9:30 AM
- Tuesday, March 17th: 6th Grade Social Club Service Project
- Tuesday, March 17th: St. Patrick's Day
- Thursday, March 19th: iRun4Life - 4:00PM - 5:00 PM
- Monday, March 23rd: Girl & Grown Up Book Club @ 6:00 PM
- Tuesday, March 24th: Lock down Drill @ 9:30 AM
- Tuesday, March 24th: Fine Motor Family Fun Night @ 6:00 PM
- Thursday, March 26th: iRun4Life - 4:00PM - 5:00 PM
- Thursday, March 26th: Family Fitness Night @ 6:30 PM
- Friday, March 27th: Pennies for Patients Assembly @ 2:45 PM
- Monday, March 30th: Reading Olympics @ CB East
Winter Clubs Schedule
Monday: 1/27, 2/3, 2/10, 2/24, 3/2: No Class 2/17
- Basketball (Grades 3 - 6)
- Earth Day
Tuesday: 1/28, 2/4, 2/11, 2/18, 2/25, 3/3:
- Dodgeball (Grades K - 2)
- Paint & Pottery (Grades K - 2)
- Sewing (Grades 3 - 6)
Wednesday: 1/29, 2/5, 2/12, 2/19, 2/26, 3/4
- Sewing (Grades 3 - 6)
- Pokeman (Grades K - 6)
- French (Grades 2 - 6)
Thursday: 1/30, 2/6, 2/13, 2/20, 2/27, 3/5
- Paint & Pottery ( Grades 3 - 6)
- Basketball (Grades K - 2)
- Yearbook (Grade 6)
Friday: 1/31, 2/7, 2/21, 2/28, 3/6 - No Class 2/14
- Lego (Grades K - 3)
- Dodgeball (Grades 3 - 6)
- Science Explorers (Grades K - 6)
- Doylestown Rock Gym (Grades K - 6)
***ATTN PARENTS: IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN HELPING WITH ANY WINTER CLUB OR WITH DISMISSAL PLEASE CONTACT REBEKAH MASSEY AT email@example.com OR JILL WALTON AT firstname.lastname@example.org. In particular, volunteers are needed on MONDAYS. THANKS FOR CONSIDERING!
Linden Prepared for the Big Game on Football Friday
Our Roxy Reading dog is named Zeva and her Mommy/Volunteer is named Ellen Levin. They visit our class weekly to provide therapeutic support and practice with reading fluency!
1st graders in QUEST work together to create Chatterpix videos. They’ll use their videos to teach their classmates about foods that come from the farm.
6th grade QUEST students collaborate to create scale model rooms in our Junkyard Design Squad unit.
Mrs. Fetter's Students looking for nonfiction text features in books.
Students rolled dice and added them together. They then created a number bond and fact family for those numbers.
Please click on the banner for more information about this program.
February Boomerang Asset
February Boomerang Award Asset: Caring
The Boomerang Youth Recognition Award is a district-wide monthly program which recognizes and honors youth in our community for exemplifying one of the chosen Developmental Assets for the school year. The month of February is Asset#26- Caring- Young person Cares about others.
Spirit Night at Villa Capri!
REGISTRATION WILL CLOSE ON MONDAY, MARCH 2ND. After Monday, March 2, you will no longer be able to register. Click the Banner for a copy of the flyer for information about this program.
iRun4Life is a fun, noncompetitive after school running program designed to get kids exercising and eating healthy. iRun4Life focuses on exercise, healthy nutrition, and doing good deeds in our community. Training will start Thursday, March 19, 2020 with our goal race being the iRun4Life Kids Only 3K! We will train for 1 hour after school in teams of 10-15 students and will learn proper running form and pacing. We will also do warm up & cool down exercises, relay races, endurance running and talks about healthy nutrition.
Training will lead up to the Annual iRun4Life Kids Only 3K which will be held on Sunday, May 17th at Central Park in Doylestown. Participation in the race is strictly voluntary. Please note that registration for the race is separate, and there is an additional fee. Details will be made available after the start of the program.
Key features of the iRun4Life program include:
- RUNNING - Each runner can log the miles they run on the www.iRun4Life website by clicking on the red ‘Kids log your miles and Deeds’ link. Enter your username and password and input the miles you ran each week. Your goal is to run 26 miles by the end of training. A runner can record double miles if they run with a parent or guardian on the weekends.
- GOOD DEEDS - Each runner is encouraged to complete 26 Good Deeds by the end of training. Good deeds include extra help around the house, helping friends and teachers at school, helping in your community, etc. Each student can input their good deeds by date on the www.iRun4Life.com website in the red ‘Kids log your miles and Deeds’ link.
- GOAL RACE – Our goal race is the iRun4Life Kids Only 3K on May 17th, 2020.
iRun4Life is open to kindergarten through sixth graders. We will practice at Linden on Thursdays, from 4-5pm, meeting in the gym from March 19 through May 21 (no practice April 2 & 9). We will run rain or shine! There is a $14 fee per child to help defray the cost of t-shirts, incentives and healthy snacks.
Please register your child for Linden iRun4Life running program by going to www.iRun4Life.com and clicking on the orange ‘Parents – Start here to register your kids & login” link. It’s that simple! You must register online before sending in payment. Once registered, please send the $14 fee per child (cash or check) made out to LHSA and have your child hand in payment to their homeroom teacher or office no later than March 2nd. REGISTRATION WILL CLOSE ON MONDAY, MARCH 2ND. After Monday, March 2, you will no longer be able to register.
We are also looking for parent volunteers to be coaches, help with handing out snacks, traffic guards and extra runners for the teams. You do not need to be a runner to be a volunteer!
If interested or have any questions, please email Kathy Bareuther at email@example.com.
Happy Running, Coach Kathy
BOX TOP COLLECTION CONTEST!
Click the above button for a copy of the flyer and permission slip
Please support Ella Cole and Grace McGrath, as they eagerly collect donations for their Bronze girl scout award! Donations will be collected through April 4th.. Thank you for supporting their collection. The class with the most donations will win a pajama day!
All donations are going to Aarons Acres in Lancaster County Summer Camp for special needs children (ages 5-21).
Our collection ends April 4TH 2020.
Kindergarten: Colored pencils, Sticker books, Markers, Paper, and flash cards
1st Grade: Activities/ Games, Band Aids, Coloring Books, Sunscreen, and cereal
2nd Grade: Protein Bars, Raisins, Juice Boxes, Single serve apple sauce, Peanut Butter and
3rd Grade: Playdough, Card Games, Puzzles, Crafts, and Jump Ropes
4th Grade: Frisbees, Butterfly Nets, Bug Catchers, Flip Flops, and Pencils
5th Grade: Balls, Sidewalk Chalk, Bubbles, Sand Toys, Beach Towels, and Crayons
6th Grade: Any items listed above
**Books for ages 5-21 Thank you for your support!**
Boys and Girls, get your dancing shoes ready, and save the date for this year’s Linden dance! Click the Banner for details.
6th Grade Parents Middle School Orientation
CB January Board Note
Dear Central Bucks School District families,
Please follow the link below for the January edition of "Central Bucks Board Note," an e-newsletter designed to provide the stakeholders of the Central Bucks School District's Board of School Directors with a brief overview of items discussed at the monthly school board meetings.
Find it at www.cbsd.org/boardnote.
Please share any feedback with Angela Linch, communications and public relations administrator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 267-893-2073.
Central Bucks Aquatic Swim Lessons
Please visit www.cbsd.org/aquatics for information about the following Central Bucks Aquatics spring programs:
- Group swim lessons (sign-up now for evaluations on 2/25, 2/29, or 3/5; registration deadline 3/4 or when space is filled if sooner)
- Swim team clinic (sign-up now for evaluations on 2/25 or 2/29; registration deadline 4/3 or when space is filled if sooner)
- Diving clinic (registration deadline 3/13 or when space is filled if sooner)
- Lifesaving Recertification (register now to reserve your spot – registration open until week prior to class subject to space availability)
Please click above for registration form and information about the program.