Mrs. McGeorge's Super Second Grade
Week of December 14, 2015 AND Week of December 21, 2015
What We're Learning
We are wrapping up book reviews this week! We will be adding personal connections to our reviews, revising and editing, and publishing them! Next Monday, we will share our reviews with one another to spread the love of our books.
We are rocking and rolling with place value! We are going to review tens, ones, and hundreds at the start of the week and then add thousands to our repertoire! We will have our place value assessment Wednesday. We will review what we have learned so far this year about Monday at the tail end of this week and next week.
We are wrapping up our unit on temperature and using thermometers this week! We will specifically practice reading measurements that are in between the labeled numbers (i.e., not just 80 degrees, but 83 degrees) using the scale to help us.
In Other News...
- Congrats Chase, Alex, AJ, and Aiden (not pictured) on earning a free pizza from Pizza Hut's BOOK IT program for the month of November! Any student to completes their weekly reading logs (reading 100 minutes a week) for an entire calendar month receives this award and prize.
- Our Winter party is next Tuesday! I'll have a letter from our room mom, Nina Thereof, in every Take Home Folder Monday with our plan. Info will be included for volunteering and donations. We'd love for you to come to our party!
- Our Spirit and Awards Assembly is this Friday, December 18, at 1:20 pm. I will notify award winners' families this Monday. All parents and families are invited to attend.
- Six Flags Read to Succeed packets went home the week of Thanksgiving with an opportunity for your child to read and earn a free ticket to St. Louis' Six Flags park. If you need a new packet, please let me know.
- Thank you to all families who sent in Box Tops second quarter! Moreau Heights collects Box Tops, Labels for Education, My Coke Rewards, and more. Our second quarter collection date is later this week. We appreciate your help!
- Please make sure your child brings a jacket or coat on cold days; and gloves, mittens, hats, etc. are welcome as well. Please try to label your child's belongings so that in the event they get misplaced, they can find their way back to you.
M 12/14 PE, Major Saver collection day
Tu 12/15 Art, Major Saver collection day
W 12/16 Music, Counselor lesson, last Major Saver collection day
Th 12/17 PE
F 12/18 Art; Spirit Day; Spirit & Awards Assembly, 1:20 pm
M 12/21 Music
Tu 12/22 Sing Along assembly @ 10:00 am, Winter party @ 10:30-11:15 am, 3 Hour Early Release (dismissal @ 12:15 pm)
W 12/23-M 01/04 Winter Break, No School
Tu 01/05 First day back!