January 10th, 2020
Cypress Elementary Fun Run fundraiser kicks off Jan. 21st!
We’re so excited to announce that our school is participating in the Apex Leadership Co program and Fun Run as our only major campus fundraiser of the year (separate from PTA events)!
The Apex program will last for 2 weeks and kicks off with a Pep Rally on Tuesday, January 21st. Please look for your child's Apex Pledge Kit they will bring home and for e-mails coming from your teachers on that day to learn more about helping our school through the Fun Run.
What is the Apex Leadership Co program?
Apex is a 2 week interactive leadership program combined with a Fun Run fundraiser that helps schools raise funds, while promoting leadership, good character and fitness. Apex’s GAME ON leadership theme takes students on an exciting journey as they learn what it takes to be a game changing leader!
G: Go Getter
M: Move Forward
O: Others First
N: Now What?
How does the Apex program work?
- With parents help, students are challenged to get pledges for the laps they will complete at our Fun Run on Thursday, January 30th.
- All pledges and payments are made online* at www.MyApexEvent.com.
- Sponsors can pledge a $ amount per lap or any flat donation amount for students.
- Students will run for 30 minutes and will average 26-36 laps around the Apex Raceway. The maximum laps counted is 36 and each lap is 1/16th of a mile.
We’re raising funds for: Indoor & Outdoor Campus Improvements, Hallway Water Stations, and a Makerspace/Innovation Lab!
Thank you for your continued support. GO CHEETAHS!!
Kristen Alex, Principal
*Cash and check donations are also accepted and should be turned into the school any time before the Fun Run, so that students receive credit.
More details on the Apex Fun Run
FUN RUN SCHEDULE
Thursday, January 30th
5th @ 7:50am ♦ 4th @ 8:45am ♦ 3rd @ 10:15am ♦ KG @ 11:10am
1st @ 12:45pm ♦ 2nd @ 1:40pm
ALL STUDENTS INCLUDED
- All students will receive Apex wrist bands, an Apex t-shirt, and team awards.
- All students experience the world class character program and have access to videos on the free Apex Leadership Co App!
CHARACTER & LEADERSHIP
- Apex’s character and leadership theme this year is GAME ON: Go Getter, Appreciate, Move Forward, Explore, Others First and Now What?
- The interactive lessons discuss how our attitude and our actions, big and small, can make a difference in the world around us!
WE NEED YOUR HELP
- Reach out to family and friends and help your child acquire pledges. Sponsors can donate from anywhere in the world to support our school.
- Use the individual access code on the front of student pledge kits to log in and enter pledges online at www.MyApexEvent.com.
Six Flags Read to Succeed
Read To Succeed is a free program that allows students in grades K-6 to earn tickets to Six Flags Fiesta Texas just by reading six hours for fun. Here is how your child can earn a free ticket to Six Flags:
1) Register using this link: Visit: http://www.sixflags.com/books Use Cypress Elementary School's code: FBB52
2) Your child may read any books they choose.
3) Keep track of your child’s reading minutes.
4) Record your child’s reading at the Read to Succeed website by the April 15, 2020 deadline.
5) Receive a free Six Flags Fiesta Texas ticket from Cypress Elementary School in May.
Students can optionally earn bonus awards by reading more than six hours such as discounts on additional tickets for family members, Season Passes or Memberships.
DO NOT return a reading log to your teacher. Log your child’s reading using the link above. Please be aware that the one free admission ticket that your child will receive is valid only at the San Antonio Six Flags park on select dates during the 2020 season. Valid dates will be included on the tickets. Late entries will not be accepted, and tickets are NOT valid for anyone over age 13, are not for resale and cannot be replaced if lost, stolen or damaged. Contact our librarian, Mary.Dwight@leanderisd.org with any questions.
Safe Routes to School
Safe Routes to School- As a Campus Site Based Committee, we have begun looking into the importance of having a Safe Routes to School plan.
What is a Safe Routes to School Plan? What does that look like for Cypress? Here are a couple of referencesfor you. https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1GrxNyJbvmUuc_vRdf5eAf9MCeMLryuhwad73BmDaM6A/edit#slide=id.g78ff642616_0_132
Over the next several weeks our district will release our hazardous routes and how that impacts the bus routes of Cypress. If you would like to be a part of a proactive way to find safe routes to school, pair with the committee. Our lead at this time is Megan Dudo at email@example.com