St. Paul Lutheran School
3rd & 4th Grade Newsletter - Week of Dec 13
Derek Spears (Derek's dad) will be coaching the 3rd and 4th graders.
The first practice will be Wednesday, Dec 16 (next week) from 3:30-4:30 pm. After the break, practice will be held on Thursdays from 3:30-4:30 pm.
The athletic director at TSD is working on the schedule and we should have it next week sometime. Games will be held on Fridays and we will be hosting some of the games! :)
The fee for basketball is $35. Please turn your money in to the office, or ask Elsa to charge your account. The fee covers the cost of officials AND a t-shirt for your child. Please fill out the basketball t-shirt order form and return to Miss Timm by Wednesday, Dec 16. Parents can order shirts too!! :)
Please contact Miss Timm if you have any questions.
With Christmas quickly approaching, the 3rd and 4th graders will make a Nativity Scene. For the project, students will create a 3-dimensional model that we will put on display in the school lobby. The nativity scene should include Mary, Joseph, Baby Jesus, and the stable. Students could also include the shepherds, wisemen, the angel, and other animals if they wish.
The project is due December 16, 2015.
- Baby Jesus
You can also include (but don’t have to):
- Shepard(s) and sheep
- 3 Wise Men
*Please do not use pre-made pieces - people, animals, the stable.
*Check Out Google or Pinterest for Ideas.
Ronald McDonald House
At this time of the year, we focus on the gift that God gave us at Christmas …
Jesus, our Savior! What an amazing gift! We have been so blessed!
This year the students of St. Paul Lutheran School will be giving gifts as well. These gifts will go to help an organization and group of people that are not as fortunate as we are. This year our gifts will go to the Ronald McDonald House in Austin. Each child is asked to bring at least two items from the attached list. Bring the gifts to school unwrapped. The second, fifth and sixth graders will deliver them to the Ronald McDonald House on Friday, December 18. Our prayer is that the students will experience the joy of giving! Bring your items to school by Wednesday, December 16th.
These are the “top 10” items on the wish list.
Home Depot gift cards
Kitchen dish towels (neutral colors)
Trash bags (13 gallon and 33 gallon)
Pledge Furniture Wipes
Copy Paper 8.5x11, plain, 20 lb.
Individual Hand Sanitizer
For the complete list, click on the Ronald McDonald website …http://www.rmhc-ctx.org
- Unit 16 Spelling Pre-Test
- Advent Chapel Service - 9:30 am
- Nativity Scene Project Due
- Memory Quiz
- Unit 16 Spelling Test
- Christmas Party
- Christmas Sing-A-Long -- parents are invited to come!
- Early Dismissal at 11:30 am
- School Resumes - Monday, Jan 4
- 2nd Quarter Ends - Friday, Jan 8
- No School on MLK Day - Monday, Jan 18
- Parent Teacher Conferences - Thursday, Jan 21
- 100th Day of School - Wednesday, Jan 27
- Mid-Qtr - Wednesday, Feb 10
- Valentine's Day Church & School Auction - Saturday, Feb 13
- No School on Presidents Day - Monday, Feb 15
- End of 3rd Quarter - Friday, March 11
- Spring Break - Week of March 13
- Easter Break - March 25-28
- 3rd and 4th Leading Chapel - Wednesday, April 13