December 22, 2015
All of your HOS Summit details in one place!
Enjoy the Break!
- Pre-work for HOS Summit: Click here to open the primary pre-work assignment for the HOS Summit. If you have any questions or thoughts, please reach out to your RVP. Note: HOSs will submit their pre-work assignment to RVPs by January 8th.
Support Materials for Value Add Presentations: The K12 departments created Value Add Documents to support your work. Click here to access those documents. More will be added as they become available.
- Pre-Work for HOS Summit (Reading) - Change Management resource for HOS Summit. Please click here to download the audio-book Buy-In: Saving Your Good Idea from Getting Shot Down by Kotter.
Click on link
Click on download from Skillsoft
Download the 4 MP3 files
Connection, Communication, and Leadership! Come join us Monday from 6 – 9pm for the HOS Social in the Jr. Ballroom 1 and 2!
Great food, lots of fun and games, with great conversations to be had with amazing people who inspire others each and every day!
Silly Photo Booth opportunities, Cocktail Tables and Card Games. Dress casual and we are looking forward to seeing everyone there!
- Summit Room Reservation - If you have not yet reserved your room, please make your reservations today. Here is the link for you to reserve and pay for your hotel room. If you need more logistical information about the National HOS Summit, please scroll down to the essential information section to find it.
- Summit Attire: Business Casual.
- Complimentary breakfast and shuttle service will be offered by the hotel. The shuttle will leave the hotel at 7:45am and arrive at the corporate offices at 8:05am. We will begin promptly at 8:15am.
HOS Summit Agenda
Thursday Night Group Dinner Options
You will have an opportunity while in Herndon to choose from one of the following dining options. Shuttle transportation will be provided to and from Reston Center.
- Il Fornaio (Italian)
119900 Market Street #106
- Neyla (Mediterranean Bistro)
11898 Market Street
- Mon Ami Gabi (French Bistro)
11950 Democracy Drive
- McCormick & Schmick’s (Seafood & Steaks)
11920 Democracy Drive
Essential HOS Summit Information
We are excited about this year's National HOS Summit and look forward to a meaningful week together in Herndon, VA! While we continue to build out details of our time together, below you will find essential information to assist you with travel plans. We will continue to update you via the HOS Highlights between now and the Summit. As always, please let us know if you have additional questions.
School Leadership Development Team
Booking Travel & Accommodations
As you book travel for this event, please note that the Summit will officially kick off on Monday, January 11th with a social welcoming event that includes food, fun, and connecting! We will be joined by Allison Cleveland, Todd Goldthwaite, our CEO Nate Davis, and others to help welcome you all to Herndon! We will offer appetizers and drinks at our social event on Monday night. Summit sessions will begin early Tuesday morning, January 12th and will end mid-day on Friday, January 15th. Feel free to schedule return flights for Friday, January 15th afternoon after 1:30 PM EST.
It is recommended that you fly into Washington Dulles International Airport (IAD) which is only a few miles from the K12 Corporate Offices.
We have reserved a block of rooms at a hotel as we would like everyone stay at the same location. We have arranged for a social event at the Sheraton Reston on Monday evening from 6pm-9pm and this would save everyone the hassle of traveling to a different location. We have arranged shuttle service from the Sheraton to the offices and back each day and breakfast is provided.
· Sheraton Reston 11810 Sunrise Valley Drive Reston, VA, 20191
You will need to book your hotel no later than December 18th to get a discounted rate of $139 per night. Note: A call number will be provided in next week's newsletter so you can reserve your room with a credit card. Please call the reservation line rather than booking through the K12 travel agent.
The meeting will be held at the K12 corporate office. The address to the K12 corporate office is below. The rooms at K12 can get cool sometimes, so if you have a light jacket, bring that to be on the safe side. We will be meeting on the first floor. When you walk in the front doors, the meetings rooms will be behind the reception desk on the left side of the lobby.
2300 Corporate Park Drive
Herndon, VA 20171
Dinners - Please plan to attend a fun night out for dinner on Thursday, January 14th. HOSs will be able to join K12 executives at “group dinners” to be held at various restaurants in the Reston Town Center. HOSs can sign up for the group and restaurant of their choice. Restaurants and K12 executive table leads will be shared with our detailed agenda that is forthcoming. Note that dinner will be on your own Tuesday and Wednesday evening.
Breakfasts and Lunches – Breakfast will be on your own each day as the hotel offers various breakfast options. Lunch will be provided for you each day on-site.
*Dietary Restrictions: Please send an email to Brandi Maynard if you have any dietary restrictions.
The iLEAD team leads the design, development, execution, and evaluation of national programs that build exceptional school leadership across K12’s network of managed schools. The team coordinates school, regional and national efforts to improve leadership practice and school outcomes.