Week ending February 12
Happy Birthday to YOU!
Feb. 15 - Beth BenavidesFeb. 16 - Cassandra Buce
Happy Half Birthday to YOU!
Aug. 7 - Jennifer Gustavson
Feb. 17 - KC Club Meeting, 2:30 to 3:30
Feb. 19 - 4th to the Symphony
Feb. 23 - GT Showcase, 5:30 to 7:00 PM
Feb. 24 - CiCi's Spirit Night (Murphy), 5 to 8 PM
Feb. 26 - WHS Theater to perform, 1:30 to 2:00
Feb. 29 to March 4 - College Week
March 2 - WTG Wednesday
March 3 - PTA General Session & 2nd Grade Musical
March 4 - 2nd Grade Musical, 7:30 AM; Dollar Days: Super Fan
March 7 to March 11 - Spring Break
Schedule for Feb. 15
- TELPAS Calibration at the ESC for those who have signed up
10:45 to 11:30
- Move Your Bus - Part 3 (all staff)
11:30 to 12:30
- Lunch on your own
1:00 to 2:00
- 3rd PLC - Math only
2:00 to 3:00
- 4th PLC - Math only
During the times that you are not required to be somewhere, here are a few things that should be taken care of:
- Update RtI forms & documentation in Aware
- STAAR Training Modules (ALL certified staff must take these this year. We had 24 testing rooms for checkpoints, and after further reflection and anticipated IEP/504 decisions, it looks like we will have 28 rooms. I also have to be prepared should a test administrator be ill by having back up staff--thus, the decision to have all certified staff trained and ready.) See the link below. I need all three certificates uploaded to one email and sent to me by March 4, before you leave for Spring Break.
- Purposeful planning - Sub budget is running low. We will not be able to grant many more planning days. Use this time wisely.
- TELPAS Writing Sample Planning - know when and how you will acquire writing samples from your students. Remember, they must be authentic, not rushed, and should accurately reflect a student's ability to show proficiency in English.
Staffing for 2016-2017
If you have that pull to be moved to a different grade level, team with another person, or know that you will not be returning next year, it would be helpful for all, if you would let us know. We are already receiving resumes for candidates who are interested in the district and our campus. Knowing where our holes to be filled are located, will help us organize these interests.
DISCLAIMER: If you have the February Feels--a little emotional, stressed, etc.--you may need a tissue. (I did.)