FAC Weekly Update
April 8, 2022
Good afternoon, Fine Arts Center Family
I hope you had a wonderful week! We enjoyed some stellar performances last week, and would like to congratulate the FAC Dance Studio, FAC Percussion Studio, and FAC Winds Studio on their phenomenal Spring Concerts. The students should be so proud of how much progress they have made this year. Remember - we love to perform for large crowds, and all are welcome to enjoy our concerts, recitals, performances, and art receptions!
Here is the latest from the halls of the Fine Arts Center...
ELEVATE - The First Annual Downtown Showcase
This Week's Student Leadership Lesson
How to Gain Influence (part 1)
10 Ways an Influencer Gains Influence
- An influencer has integrity with people, building trust with people and showing them that they care.
- An influencer nurtures people. The length and breadth of our influence upon others depends on the depth of our concern for others. When leaders love their people more than their position, they strengthen their position.
- An influencer has faith in people. Assets make things possible, but people make things happen.
- An influencer listens to people. They let others speak without interrupting, listen between the lines for subtext, keep emotions in check, tune out distractions, and make an effort to let the other person feel heard.
- An influencer understands people. Relationships fail due to fear and selfishness. Relationships thrive due to genuineness, love, and empathy.
Dr. John C. Maxwell, The Maxwell Leadership Podcast
Artisphere - May 6-8
- Located at the south end of the festival at Main and Wardlaw
Music and Theatre - https://artisphere.org/performing-arts-schedule/
- Friday, May 6 at 5:00 p.m. - FAC Theatre performing at the Furman University Performance Plaza
- Saturday, May 7 at 5:00 p.m. - FAC Jazz performing at the Furman University Performance Plaza
- Sunday, May 8 at 11:00 a.m. - FAC Chamber Strings performing at the Furman University Performance Plaza
FAC STUDENTS PERFORMING IN THE COMMUNITY
Is Your Child Performing in the Community? The FAC is happy to publicize public performances and art exhibitions that feature our students. Please email Mr. Popat with any details of current or upcoming performances so that we can get the word out to our FAC Family!
Has your child earned an accolade that we should know about?
Important Dates/Upcoming Events
- April 13 - FAC AM Jazz Studio Recital, 7:00 p.m., Sutherlin Recital Hall
- April 14 - FAC PM Jazz Studio Recital, 7:00 p.m., Sutherlin Recital Hall
- April 15 and 18 - No School, Easter Holiday
- April 26 - Theatre Presentations, 7:00 p.m., Black Box Theatre
- April 28 and 29 - Voice Scenes, 7:00 p.m., Sutherlin Recital Hall
- May 3 - Strings Chamber Music Recital, 7:00 p.m., Sutherlin Recital Hall
- May 4 and 5 - Theatre Performance Lab, 7:00 p.m., Black Box Theatre
- May 9 - Saxophone Quartet Recital, 7:00 p.m., Sutherlin Recital Hall
- May 11 - FAC Jazz All-Stars at the Peace Center, 7:30 p.m., Genevieve's
- May 13 - Elevate Downtown Showcase, 6:00 p.m. Cocktail Hour, 7:00 p.m. Performance; Gunter Theater (ticketed event)
- May 16 - Preston Spisak: Senior Recital, 7:00 p.m., Sutherlin Recital Hall
- May 23 - Aidan Wilson: Senior Recital, 7:00 p.m., Sutherlin Recital Hall
- May 24 - Commencement Rehearsal for Seniors, 4:30 p.m., WHHS Auditorium
- May 25 - FAC Commencement, 6:00 p.m., WHHS Auditorium (ticketed event)
- May 27 - FAC Film Screening, 7:00 p.m., Sutherlin Recital Hall
REMINDER - From the FAC Parent Guild
Dear FAC Family and Friends,
It’s amazing that the end of the year is approaching so quickly, only a few months left! We have two large events that we need your help to make happen.
The first is Teacher Appreciation Week. We are honoring our wonderful Fine Art Center Faculty and Staff the week of May 2-6. The plan is to organize food, snacks, and gifts during this week. Our Events Coordinator, Kristin Bailey, has already begun planning to show them how much they have meant this year to us and to our students.
The second event is graduation! We have 122 students graduating this year from 7 areas of study. Planning for this is already happening as well. We want to put as much effort into this celebration as our students have put into the Fine Art Center for the last 4 years.
Please visit the Sign Up Genius (FAC Events: 2022 FAC Faculty & Staff Appreciation Week AND Graduation (signupgenius.com) to contribute to these events.
Your continued generosity has been such a blessing to our school and teachers! Please don’t hesitate to reach out with any questions!
FAC Parent Guild Treasurer
Fine Arts Center - Greenville County Schools
Preparing dedicated students for 21st-century careers through rigorous, pre-professional arts training in a dynamic, inclusive, collaborative learning community.