Louisville Middle School
THE PIRATE POST 9-23-22
FROM YOUR PRINCIPAL
It is a great day to be a Pirate! Thank you to our PTO and all parents who helped with our Movie night on Tuesday. The event was a big success and our kids had a great time! (See photos below.)
As you may know, we have received our school results on the Colorado Measures of Academic Success (CMAS) assessment from this past spring. We know that this is a single measure or a moment in time but the data from these assessments are good indicators of how we are doing, as a school.
Overall, I am glad to report that our data is very strong. We are proud to be rated in the highest overall assignment category. Additionally, we earned the highest ratings LMS has seen since the Colorado Department of Education implemented the School Performance Framework system! Our Students performed extremely well as we received overall ratings of “Meets” and “Exceeds” categories for growth and achievement for math and language arts. As a baseline measure, when compared to results from 2019, our 2022 results demonstrate that achievement and student growth was on par or above. This is an important measure to us as we investigate student performance compared to pre-pandemic data.
We always have a growth mindset and we analyze data to address gaps and areas of opportunity. We have opportunities for improvement, particularly when looking at gaps in the performance of students in certain subgroups of students. This is particularly evident with students who qualify for meal assistance, English language learners, and those who identify Latinx. Additionally, we are working to identify specific content standards where we can improve as performance does vary somewhat depending on the standard being assessed. We are looking to leverage our teaching and learning to meet all learning outcomes and all identified content standards with consistent success for all Pirates
I encourage you to spend a bit of time accessing our School Performance Framework available at this link. If this information interests you, I also encourage you to join our next School Accountability Committee meeting next week on September 29th at 2:45.
If you would like to see the individual report for your students, you can access those scores through your Infinite Campus portal. If you need support with this, please contact our registrar, Lynn Manders, for support.
Save the Date:
Sept. 26 6/7 Volleyball, Session 1, Starts
Sept. 29 PTO and SAC Meeting, 2:45 pm
Sept. 30 8th Grade Coed Flag Football Starts
Oct. 2 Deadline to Register for 8th Grade Coed Flag Football
Oct. 11 Parent/Teacher Conferences (In Person), 4-8:30 pm
Oct. 13 Parent/Teacher Conferences (In Person), 4-8:30 pm
Oct. 17 Professional Development Day - No School
Oct. 17 Parent/Teacher Conferences (Virtual), 4-8:30 pm
Oct. 20 Picture Retake Day
Nov. 3 Registration Deadline for 8th Grade Girls Basketball
Nov. 11 Veterans Day - No School
Nov. 21-25 No School - Conference Exchange Days/Thanksgiving
IMPORTANT ALL SCHOOL ANNOUNCEMENTS
6th, 7th, and 8th Grade Student Planners are live! As a way to increase communication between what’s going on in the classroom and home, we have created teacher-updated weekly planners. Please use as a reference for homework and activities in your student’s daily schedule.
- SIGN UP NOW FOR 8TH GRADE CO-ED FLAG FOOTBALL!
Sign up is open through 10/2/22, but it starts 9/30/22. Register in rSchool NOW! Once registered, please pay the $85 sport fee in Revtrak. A current Physical is required to participate in this sport. Go Pirates!
- PTO and SAC Meeting We will have a PTO and SAC meeting on September 29th at 2:45. We will finish up in time for the end of school to coordinate for student pick-up. Please join us if you can!
FROM YOUR PTO
Huge THANK YOU and shout out to those that helped make the 2nd Annual Outdoor Movie night a success!
- Miss Carmichael and her AV Club members for ensuring we had video and sound throughout the evening.
- Erik Ryterski (Community Member) for providing equipment, his time and years of knowledge to make sure the AV equipment was working seamlessly.
- Miss Wilson and Miss Carmichael and the 360 Leaders for jumping in to volunteer at the concessions stand.
- Custodial Staff made sure we had electricity/tables/garbage cans and clean-up support.
- Parent Organizers: Ashley Grigg, Nicole Getzelman, Melissa Kelley and Cristi Knudsen for making it happen!
- Thanks to our sponsor Cristi Knudsen at RE/MAX Elevate for the delicious and hot popcorn.
- Chris Meyer and Mike Flood for helping create a safe and fun event the entire evening.
NOTEWORTHY, ONGOING and REPEAT ITEMS
NOT SURE HOW TO REPORT AN ABSENCE OR YOUR STUDENT LEAVING EARLY? Bookmark this Link for all of your Attendance reporting questions! Reporting your student’s absence is important and only takes a minute.
There are 3 ways to report an absence:
Call the attendance line, 720-561-7402.
Report Absence Using Infinite Campus Parent Portal (see instructions below)
Email the attendance office at firstname.lastname@example.org
- BEFORE SCHOOL HOMEWORK CLUB! STARTS SEPTEMBER 26TH!! Join your fellow students for Homework Club in the LMS Library 7:55 - 8:35 everyday except for Wednesdays. No need to sign up in advance, just come on up and sign in with Ms. Urbi. Students are expected to bring academic work or a book to read. Go Pirates!
- NO PLACE FOR HATE IS BACK! Our first interest meeting is September 20, at 8:00 in the library. We have an in-school training on September 30 from 9:00-12:15 during school in the library. You must come to this interest meeting to be part of the in school training. If you can’t attend but want to be part of the coalition let Mrs. Ryan or Coach Auday know.
- PIRATE TV IS BACK!!!!! New this year! You can find all the episodes of Pirate TV in one place this year because Pirate TV has its very own website! Check it out HERE!
Hello LMS Pirates!
Please use our website for information or feel free to reach out with anything.
If the link isn’t working, please visit our website to access the Counselor’s Corner.