The Sherlocks's Tot Spot Times
The Tot Spot Early Education Academy
Ms. Alisha's Email: email@example.com
Ms. Katie's Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ms. Le Andra's Email: email@example.com
Ms. Kelsey's Email: Kelsey@ilovethetotspot.com
Follow us on Instagram: thetotspotschool
We also now have a Youtube Channel: The Tot Spot Early Learning Academy and Pinterest: The Tot Spot Early Education Academy...be sure and follow us!!
Special Events and Birthdays!!
Upcoming Zoo-phonics Friends
PTO and Vacations
- Did you know we have a PTO? Interested in helping out? Please see Ms. LeAndra or Ms. Alisha.
- Who do you contact concerning vacation credit? Asking a teacher will get you no where. Please email Mr. Mike at firstname.lastname@example.org
Ornaments with Grandparents.... What is it???
In the Classroom!
In the classroom this next month, we will be focusing on the letters O and Q, while also reviewing U, C, and O . In art this month, we will be doing al optical illusion craft, some under the table art, and quarter art. In Science, we will be talking about ocean currents, optical illusions, and quicksand. We will also be doing an oil and water experiment. Taste Tuesday will be exciting as always with olives, (dark) chocolate, and quinoa!
Remind Me App: It's a free app that we're using to for simple reminders like show and share, friend of the week, physical due dates, etc. Our class code is 26kh9g
Operation Tot Spot gives back!!
We are teaming up with Scholastic and participating in a pajama drive. We are collecting until December 5th.
The boxes will be in all the classrooms for the pj's to go in. The class with the most pajamas donated per child will win a cool prize for their class! Adult sizes will be worth 2 points!
Who are the pajamas and books helping?
The pajamas and books are helping at-risk children (ages 0–18) throughout the country. Often homeless, in foster care, or in poverty, their unstable, uncertain lives make them uniquely vulnerable as bedtime approaches. Each night, millions of children in this country have no bed to call their own—let alone pajamas to change into or books to escape into—and so they have no concept of a loving bedtime. The treasured ritual of changing into clean pajamas and tucking in with an enchanting bedtime story are unknown; some of these children, in fact, have never heard of pajamas
What pajama sizes are needed the most?
Although Pajama Program accepts new pajamas in all sizes, the most overlooked ones are generally children’s sizes 8 to adult 3XL. It is often the bigger, older children who are left out.
What kinds of pajamas should I collect?
New pajamas only.
Pajamas should be a complete set—a top and bottom, or an appropriate nightgown.
Pajamas for all seasons, but especially warm, cozy ones to help the children on our list during the long, cold months at this time of year.
School is back and so is Scholastic!! Get ready for your book orders! Thank you for all your support! Our code is HQ686
The Book Nook
The Night Before Thanksgiving
The Parent's Spotlight
- Thank you for making the Halloween party possible!! We asked and you guys were there to donate!! You guys are AWESOME!!
Thank you for any donations that you have given towards the Tot Spot! We appreciate all you do!
Remember there is a suggestion box in the lobby, and we love to hear about ideas to enhance the learning environment for your children.
Would you like to donate?
- Clear plastic jars with lids ie mayonnaise
- Egg cartons
- Squishy/stress balls
- Is there ever a time when you say to yourself, " I wonder if The Tot Spot would want this"? We could use it in so many ways. You may have babies, but the whole school is yours. Everything can turn into a sensory activity or learning experience. So, before you throw out your junk, ask your teacher if it could be used
The Teacher's Spotlight
Who is your favorite Disney character and would you trade places with them?
- · Ms. Crystal: Powerline, and no my life is a show everyday
- · Ms. Rachel: My favorite is probably Belle and I would definitely trade place with her if I could have her library.
- · Ms. Maggie: Dash from Increadables and yes I would trade places with him!
- Ms. Mikayla: Belle is my favorite princess but my favorite character is Jim Hawkins from Treasure Planet
- · Ms. Alisha: I dont really like Disney :( I don't count Star Wars and such. If I had to pick.. I would say Belle because she likes to read!
- Mr. Mike: The Hulk! and Yes!
- · Ms. Kelsey: Belle but I would keep my own prince charming!
- · Ms. Le Andra: Ariel and I would LOVE to trade places with her!
- · Ms. Katie: Tinkerbell! I would not trade with her but I'd keep the wings!