Effects of Heroin
2014 there was about 20,000 deaths related to heroin.
Facts About Heroin
- According to the National International Drug Central Program (UNDCP), about 9.8 million people around the world use Heroin.
- Mental health service administration in 2003, found that about 3.7 million kids from 12-17 use Heroin
- Heroin is a multi-billion dollar international business.\
- For 1 oz of Heroin it would cost about 420-560 dollars.
- Heroin was the first discovered drug 5,000 years ago.
- 1.5 million total arrest due to drug in 2015.
- The opium poppy naturally grows in Middle East, Southeast Asia, and parts of Central and Southern America.
- Heroin users are one of the most at risk group for the contraction of HIV or Aids.
- Creates a sticky feeling in the mouth or in throat and you can become cold clammy and pale.
- In 2015, there were 1,561,231 arrests due to drugs.
Where to get Help if you have a Heroin Addiction.
We Can Help, Call Now 1.888.424.2626
Affects of Heroin (shot-term)
- The intensity of the rush is a function of how much drug is taken and how rapidly the drug enters the brain and binds to the opioid receptors. With heroin, the rush is usually accompanied by a warm flushing of the skin, dry mouth, and a heavy feeling in the extremities, which may be accompanied by nausea, vomiting, and severe itching. After the initial effects, users usually will be drowsy for several hours; mental function is clouded; heart function slows; and breathing is also severely slowed, sometimes enough to be life-threatening. Slowed breathing can also lead to coma and permanent brain damage
Long Term Affects Of Heroin
LONG-TERM EFFECTS INCLUDE
- Bad teeth
- Inflammation of the gums
- Cold sweats
- Weakening of the immune system
- Respiratory (breathing) illnesses
- Muscular weakness, partial paralysis
- Reduced sexual capacity and long-term impotence in men
- Menstrual disturbance in women
- Inability to achieve orgasm (women and men)
- Loss of memory and intellectual performance
- Pustules on the face
- Loss of appetite
- "What Are the Long-term Effects of Heroin Use?" What Are the Long-term Effects of Heroin Use? N.p., n.d. Web. 7 Apr. 2016. <https://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/research-reports/heroin/what-are-long-term-effects-heroin-use>.
- LeVert, Suzanne. The Facts about Heroin. New York: Marshall Cavendish Benchmark, 2006. Print
- Wolny, Philip. The Truth about Heroin. N.p.: n.p., n.d. Print.
YouTube. YouTube, n.d. Web. 11 Apr. 2016.