PLANO SENIOR HIGH SCHOOL
PSHS eNews: Where the Wildcat Nation Gets Its Information
Thursday, February 11, 2016
As part of the state-mandated campus safety and security audits, students in the 5th through 12th grades will be asked to participate in a safety survey at school sometime between February 17 and March 4. The survey will be taken during the school day and will be taken electronically, via a link that will be provided to the campus (who will distribute it to students). The survey should not take more than 15 to 20 minutes. Please see the images below for more information and sample questions.
State of Texas 2014-2015 School Report Card for Plano Senior High
The State of Texas 2014-2015 School Report Card for Plano Senior High has now been released, and it is included in this enews. It is also posted to the website http://k-12.pisd.edu/schools/pshs/. This is a report required by the Texas Legislature and prepared by the Texas Education Agency. The report provides information concerning student performance on the State of Texas Assessments of Academic Readiness (STAAR), as well as information on student enrollment, class size averages, and financial expenditures. The information contained in the School Report Card is required by state law and is briefly described in the “School Report Card Definitions.” If you have any questions concerning the School Report Card, please let us know. Thank you for your continued support of Plano Senior High.
*IMPORTANT* PISD STANDARD RESPONSE PROTOCOL
Parents: PLEASE READ the attachments from PISD safety and security about the Standard Response Protocol in case of an emergency. Thank you!
PLANO ISD INFOCENTER
SchoolMessenger has been updated to now include the InfoCenter mobile app. This allows our parents to login and control how they receive communications from their school or district.
The InfoCenter app provides access to all their messages and information sent by PISD (campus and district). This will be accessible from any internet-enabled device and visually displays and organizes alerts, notifications, and attachments for review and reference. InfoCenter app also allows parents to customize how they receive communications from us. Parents have been asking for this and it will help them get messaging the way they want to receive it.
Parent will sign up for the InfoCenter app using the email address that they have on file with the district. This is the one they provide on the emergency card.
They will download the InfoCenter SchoolMessenger app from the Apple App Store or Google Play Market. They can also access the InfoCenter web portal at https://infocenter.schoolmessenger.com/
We have provided a link on the online Emergency Card (Parent/Guardian Information tab) with all the information they will need to sign up if they choose to do this. Here is what they now see.
The contact information you provide below (Email Address and Phone Numbers) is used for school communication to you, either individually or in mass. Our automated notification system has a website and apps for iPhone and Android that will allow you to specify how the notification system contacts you. This link for the SchoolMessenger InfoCenter will open in a new browser window or tab and you’ll use the email address you have provided to us below to log in. Be sure to finish your child’s emergency card first and always be sure to sign on the last tab. Once complete, explore the InfoCenter and let us know if you have any questions.
Let me know if you have any questions....
Below is some verbiage that you may wish to use for your newsletters.
Plano ISD has implemented InfoCenter, allowing you to better control how you receive communications from your school or district. The following is a guide to help you get started.
What is InfoCenter?: InfoCenter provides access to all the messages and information sent by your organization. Accessible from any internet-enabled device, InfoCenter visually displays and organizes alerts, notifications, and attachments for easy review and reference. InfoCenter also allows you to customize how you receive communications from PISD (campus and district).
How do I sign up for InfoCenter?: Signing up for InfoCenter is easy. Using the email address that you have on file for your district (emergency card), follow these three steps:
1. Download the InfoCenter by SchoolMessenger app from the Apple App Store or Google Play Market. You can also access the InfoCenter web portal at https://infocenter.schoolmessenger.com/
2. Click the “New User” button, enter your email address, and create a password. An email will be sent to that address with a secure token. Note: If you receive an “already claimed by another user account” error message that means you’ve already created a SchoolMessenger account via another SchoolMessenger product, such as Contact Manager. Simply follow the “Return to login” link and login. Use the “Forgot your password” link if needed.
3. After authenticating via the token sent to your email, return to InfoCenter and sign in using your email and password.
What’s in InfoCenter?:Once you’ve created your account, the records associated with your email address will be linked automatically. You can then:
- View the records associated with your account.
- Review the last 30 days worth of messages for all your associated records.
- View your contact information, and configure how you’d like to receive notifications.
Important Things to Know:
- Regardless of how you choose to receive notifications, all messages associated with your records will be retained in the InfoCenter inbox for 30 days.
- You can opt into receiving Device Notifications (Push) under Notification Preferences. When choosing to receive Device Notifications, a badge or alert will appear when you receive new communications from Plano ISD.
Our provider, SchoolMessenger, makes the security and privacy of your data a top priority. As one of over 100 approved signatories to Student Privacy Pledge, you can feel ensured that your student’s information is safe and will never be sold, rented or shared.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
~ ~ ~ PSHS...TRADITION OF EXCELLENCE ~ ~ ~
Plano Senior High School
Plano Senior High School Website:
PSHS PTSA Website: