PRIDE OF THE TRIBE
Sanger High School News of the Week - Sept. 7-11, 2020
Welcome to the PRIDE OF THE TRIBE! This newsletter is designed to provide you with important information, upcoming events, and to highlight great things happening at Sanger High School. We hope you find it useful! ~Jennie Flaa, Principal
Remind Your Student To Bring Water!
Through generous donations we were able to put a case of water in every classroom! Thank you, PTO and Mrs. Gabriel, for making sure our students stay hydrated!
Picture Day - Wednesday, September 9th
Online learners MUST sign up for a time slot by accessing the link below. Online learners will not be allowed in the building without an appointment.
Face-to-Face Learners - Attendance
You may email Ashley Odom at firstname.lastname@example.org from the parent email that is connected to your Parent Portal. The school must be notified on or before 9:00 AM on the morning of the absence in order for your student to be considered a Remote-Learner for the day. If the student makes progress in their classes through Canvas that day, they will remain coded as a Remote-Learner.
Football Tickets for Friday Night's Game in Howe
- Ticket Price is $5. No passes will be accepted.
- Varsity football players, cheerleaders, trainers, and pep band students may purchase tickets from their coach/sponsor.
- All others wanting to attend the game MUST purchase tickets from SHS on Tuesday - Friday @ 1:00 PM. Remember, no tickets will be sold at the gate.
Change In Learning Platform Commitment Form
We appreciate our student's and parent's patience as we work through to improve our current processes for online learning. While we would like to think we have thought of every possible scenario and hurdle, each hour we are faced with something new to tackle. Communication will be the key to making things run smoothly. PLEASE email us so that we may work on your individual issues/questions. We are dedicated to getting this right!
On or before September 8th you may request to return to face-to-face instruction by completing the google form below. The return date is September 14th so please make sure your child is continuing their studies using the online platform until they return.
If your student is a face-to-face learner they may change to the online learning platform at any time by completing this same form.
STOP !T App
Sanger ISD is in its third year of using the STOPit anti-bullying app. This app allows students and/or parents to have an anonymous place to report incidents that create an unsafe or uncomfortable environment for our children at school. A positive school climate is imperative for our students to achieve. Please review the video below with your student/s and be assured that when a report is made, campus personnel will review the information and take appropriate steps.
Students can report anonymously via mobile app, web, or phone hotline service. Please call your campus administrator if you have any questions.
Want access to Canvas as a Parent?
- Labor Day - No School
- Volleyball vs Anna @ SHS, F/JV @ 5:00, V @ 6:00 PM
- Last day to change from online to face-to-face instruction
- School Pictures (Freshmen - Junior)
- F, JV Football vs Howe @ SHS, 5:00 PM
- V Football vs Howe @ Howe, 7:30 PM
- XC @ Adams MS, Haslet, 7:00 AM
- Senior Night (football, athletic trainers, XC, cheerleaders, band, bass fishermen)
- Homecoming (Mums may be worn but we are requesting they NOT be dropped off in the front office.)