Robot weld technician
There are two separate openings:
Locations: Detroit Michigan as well as in Central Michigan (separate openings)
Our client, a Tier One supplier of automotive parts, assemblies and modules, is hiring a skilled Robotic Weld Technician. The successful candidate will have prior experience with Fanuc robots and PLC (Allen Bradley) programming. Opportunities are available on all shifts.
- Minimum education is an AAS degree in Robotics Technology or a Robotic Weld Technician Journeyman card and two to four years related experience and/or training in an automotive manufacturing facility; or equivalent combination of education and experience as a robot technician.
- Knowledge of PLCs, ladder logic, basic programming, electrical, pneumatics and hydraulics and troubleshooting basics are minimum requirements to perform this job.
- Completion of Mig and Tig Welding courses and/or passing internal weld testing is required.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent time management skills and very dependable.
- Able to work in various locations within and outside the plant.
- Excellent trouble shooting and problem solving skills.