The Bulldog Buzz!
Week of October 17, 2016
What will you learn about the world by sharing your story?
Rowan PDS Site Team Meeting
Wednesday, Oct. 19th, 3-4pm
- Tentative PDS Site Team Meetings
- School Needs Survey
- Listening Tour
- PDS School Report
The Curriculum Corner: CR-RTI Reflections-Engaging the Community
In order to maintain a thriving CR-RTI model, we must engage parents & the community in school programming. This is definitely not a new concept, as everyone one of us was probably asked about this during the interview process; however, to do this effectively, we must keep two things in mind. First, we must let go of preconceived bias (parent attendance during meetings/events, or lack thereof is not reflective of whether they care about their child, for example). We must also focus how we communicate. Parent communication must be frequent, positive and personal (no emails at first!). Our goal should be to listen, so that we can come to understand the experiences, institutions & influences that shape the culture of our community. This will ensure that our community gains "trust in our ability to provide services for their children" and will serve to empower us as we seek out additional supports for our students! Thank you for a fantastic week & don't forget to share ways you engage the community via email, social media or in the footer of The Buzz!
You're the Best...Quotes from the Staff!
- Lynn & Karen D. : thank you ladies so much for the awesome food! Daddy & Mommy really appreciate it!!! - Lauren, Frank, & Baby
- Heather thanks so much for organizing the Book-It materials!
- Melanie thanks for lending me your audio materials!
- Keep up the great work, Theresa. One day everything will work right!!
- Mrs. Castro - Thank you for being the first guest in the PDS Office. I can't wait to support you with your research agenda and upcoming events.
- Thanks to my mentor and the first grade team for helping me adjust to my first month here!
- Thanks Cassie for the math supplies for the measurement lessons!
- Thanks Lauren for all your help- you’re the best!
- To the third grade team- love working with you all!!! Patti--Love the breakfasts!! It’s fun to be a part of 3rdgrade!!!
- Donna for a fun whole group reading experience!
Family/Community Events are in bold.
- 10/06 - Class Pictures & Faculty Meeting
- 10/07 - CAST Meetings
- 10/10 - School Closed
- 10/13 - Fire Safety Assembly & Drill (1:30 PM)
- 10/14 - 2-hour Delay (Teacher Inservice)
- 10/18 - New Teacher Academy
- 10/21 - CAST Meetings
- 10/27 - District Bulldog Buddies Meeting (Bowe)
- 10/28 - Halloween Parade